Leicester on course for knockout stages thanks to Riyad Mahrez strike
Riyad Mahrez fired Leicester to the brink of the Champions League knockout stages after a 1-0 victory over FC Copenhagen.
The winger grabbed the winner to maintain the Foxes' 100 per cent record in Europe and keep them top of Group G.
They are five points clear of Porto, the 2004 winners, and five and nine points ahead of FC Copenhagen and Club Brugge respectively with three matches remaining.
Victory in Copenhagen in two weeks would put the Foxes through to the last 16 but they needed Kasper Schmeichel, who is yet to concede a goal in the competition, to produce an outstanding late save to... read more
- 12:25 New show from top Beatles tribute is ‘magical history tour’
- 12:25 Stage stars go mad for the 80s in new musical
- 12:25 UKIP’s new leader may have to sell his home to afford his new job
- 12:25 Having Hearts fans IN the team for Edinburgh derby a big boost says...
- 12:25 Scientific breakthrough may stop post-antibiotic apocalypse
- 12:24 Fancy owning a country cottage? This one also comes with an annexe
- 12:24 Why is a win over the Daggers a surprise? Wrexham AFC fans on...
- 12:23 Shoppers roll up for Castle Quay’s Fashion Fun Fair
- 12:23 Man arrested as police swarm Wigan estate
- 12:23 READER PICTURE: Clouds loom over coastline
- 12:23 Pound exchange rate: Travel bug holds overseas holiday market...
- 12:23 Games industry turnover tops £500 million thanks to online...
- 12:23 Burton Albion loan watch: Marcus Harness helps Port Vale to crucial...
- 12:23 Beekeepers fear for future of honeybees as survey shows steady...
- 12:23 Gemma Collins says she could have died after monumental stage fall...
- 12:23 EVENTS GUIDE: Warwickshire fireworks 2017
- 12:23 Coronation Street's Pat Phelan will be exposed as a rapist
- 12:22 School welcomes trio of teachers to key leadership roles
- 12:21 VIDEO: Derbyshire mum's warning after toddler is dragged inside...
- 12:21 Councillor takes action and fixes road sign on ‘nasty bend’ himself
- 12:21 Have your say on Sherwood Forest playground scheme
- 12:21 MISSING: Appeal for help to locate missing teenager from Northampton
- 12:20 Louth Rocks! Your chance to win a prize with Sue Ryder
- 12:19 Cobblers cut ticket prices for FA Cup date with Scunthorpe United
- 12:19 Future guitar heroes head to the North for EP promo gig
- 12:19 Aston Villa news: Steve Bruce to ‘break the bank’ for Tottenham...
- 12:19 Barcelona News: Barca transfer mogul watched five Spurs and...
- 12:19 The gathering: More than 400 nomads who live out of tiny vans after...
- 12:19 Now that's sexual healing! German zoo hopes to cure panda's habit...
- 12:18 Everton are in crisis despite spending £135m in the summer... so...