Leicester City set for one of biggest business rates rises in the country
Leicester City Football Club is set for one of the biggest rises in business rates in the country.
After picking up a huge cash windfall for winning the Premier League and qualifying for the Champions League, the club looks set to see its rates go up by £150,000 next year.
According to business rent and rates specialists CVS, the King Power Stadium is set for an increase of more than 50 per cent in its rates – from around £281,000 now, to almost £432,000 in the financial year from next April.
The company said new figures published on Friday showed the overall rateable value for the stadium... read more
- 17:37 This creepy former psychaitric asylum could be yours for £1m
- 17:37 Brazil ex-speaker Eduardo Cunha jailed for 15 years
- 17:36 Paedophile son of Greggs founder is jailed for sex attacks on boys
- 17:35 Cash-strapped heavyweights could sell £22m-rated playmaker to...
- 17:35 Man City Women v Fortuna Hjorring LIVE score and goal updates
- 17:35 PICS AND VIDEO: Porn star's 'mobile brothel' heading to Chesterfield
- 17:35 Liverpool injury update: Jurgen Klopp gets good and bad news ahead...
- 17:34 Paedophile son of Greggs founder is jailed for sex attacks on boys
- 17:34 Motorists warned of road closures on Jarrow estate as part of major...
- 17:34 Why the Bank of England could make new £20 notes using palm oil
- 17:34 Deadly dog disease Alabama Rot hits the West Midlands - how to spot it
- 17:34 Children's TV programmes made in Birmingham: How many do you remember?
- 17:34 Five images of £4 million BIMM Birmingham building released
- 17:34 Publishing MP travel details 'could be attack risk'
- 17:34 'Crime Academy' gangster jailed after shopping centre TORCHED in...
- 17:33 Brexit: Group of MPs hits back at BBC bias claims
- 17:31 Moorside reactor given Government backing
- 17:31 Police hunt for woman believed to have abducted her two sons
- 17:31 Manchester United FC's game at Arsenal is rescheduled
- 17:30 Nine police cars swarm into Spondon street after man smashes into...
- 17:30 Free parking for celebrations in Rutland
- 17:30 Police hunt for woman believed to have abducted her two sons
- 17:29 Boozed-up man smashed his ex’s door after they had a row
- 17:28 Men in tribe drink cows milk and blood in competition to gain the...
- 17:28 Tamworth FC: Defiant Morrell insists 'We won't throw in the towel'
- 17:28 England World Cup legend Sir Geoff Hurst opens brand new £4.5m...
- 17:27 Burglars ransack Leeds singer’s home while she’s on night out
- 17:26 Multi-agency bid to tackle anti-social behaviour in Carlisle
- 17:26 Moorside reactor given Government backing
- 17:26 Two care homes approved in Cumbria