Lego, phones - children flush the funniest things
0 Have your say Building bricks, dolls and mobile phones are among the items that Britain’s kids regularly drop in the loo, according to a new report.
The amount of Lego flushed down the toilet could build a 550,000 block tower 100m high, according to a Direct Line survey.
The under-10s have also dispatched four million dolls to a watery grave, along with 4 million pens.
The insurer’s research focuses on the cost of such pranks, since as well as 4.2 million mobile phones being flushed away, children scribble on walls, feed banknotes to the dog, and jam toys into DVD players.
One in ten (12... read more
- 10:38 People are loving the story of 60-year-old Sue’s first ever...
- 10:38 Traffic warning due to A5 closure after lorry blaze
- 10:36 Defibrillator stolen from Market Drayton Football Club
- 10:34 Shop open for business after cash machine ripped from wall
- 10:34 Coyle pleased with Rovers’ good form
- 10:33 Firefighters battle car blaze as police launch investigation
- 10:33 Police’s Operation Cracker reaps results in fight against shoplifters
- 10:33 Police launch investigation after thieves target a van
- 10:29 Hark the herald - it’s time for Carols by Candlelight
- 10:28 Lincoln City to face Nantwich Town in FA Trophy first round
- 10:26 Police launch investigation after thieves target a van
- 10:24 First drive: 2017 Nissan X-Trail
- 10:23 Suspected car bomb kills two policemen at checkpoint near Somali...
- 10:21 Boots For Buddies appeal will ensure football is open to everyone
- 10:19 Red Dog Saloon given ONE star food hygiene rating
- 10:19 West Bridgford Dramatic Society's A Christmas Carol: Review
- 10:19 Celebrations as Ethel turns 103 today
- 10:18 ‘Large number’ affected by burst water main in Boston area
- 10:15 Marco Verratti believes Real Madrid and Barcelona would struggle in...
- 10:15 Hundreds of fish found dead at Sunderland lake which suffered...
- 10:15 Sunderland Echo poll shows u-turn on Brexit
- 10:14 Readers call for concert venue or swimming pool to be built at...
- 10:13 U.S. boosts Syria anti-IS forces, urges Gulf military self-reliance
- 10:12 Blind man ‘robbed of £450 after man snatches bank card at busy...
- 10:11 Recruitment firm gets neighbourly support
- 10:07 Police’s Operation Cracker reaps results in fight against shoplifters
- 10:07 Proposals for up to 70 new houses in Asfordby refused by Melton...
- 10:06 Beauty therapist wins £18k after unfair dismissal from Carlisle...
- 10:06 Keep your birds indoors plea to backyard poultry keepers as bird...
- 10:06 Sheffield United have spent half a decade wallowing in League One...