Lego, phones - children flush the funniest things
0 Have your say Building bricks, dolls and mobile phones are among the items that Britain’s kids regularly drop in the loo, according to a new report.
The amount of Lego flushed down the toilet could build a 550,000 block tower 100m high, according to a Direct Line survey.
The under-10s have also dispatched four million dolls to a watery grave, along with 4 million pens.
The insurer’s research focuses on the cost of such pranks, since as well as 4.2 million mobile phones being flushed away, children scribble on walls, feed banknotes to the dog, and jam toys into DVD players.
One in ten (12... read more
- 09:32 Chelsea staff fear ‘dead man walking’ Antonio Conte will be sacked
- 09:32 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:31 Premier League predictions: Paul Merson calls the scores for this...
- 09:30 Council to decide how to demolish the Futurist
- 09:30 Dunfermline are missing Joe Cardle, admits boss Allan Johnston
- 09:30 Japan's 'living artwork' invents new fashion style
- 09:29 Chester playground company backs wildlife charity project to help...
- 09:28 Grandparents’ refugee love story inspires Morecambe comedian
- 09:28 Purse and medication stolen in Louth
- 09:27 Barcelona line up January move for Ajax's 18-year-old defender...
- 09:27 Arsenal Player Ratings: How did Jack Wilshere, Olivier Giroud and...
- 09:26 Storm Brian warning extended across the whole of Cumbria
- 09:26 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:26 Teenager's sports dream rescued by Harrogate optician
- 09:24 Tributes as ex-Doncaster Rovers fans' director and former Donny Dog...
- 09:22 Tribute paid to former teacher killed in crash
- 09:22 Storm Brian will cause strong winds and rain this weekend in Derby
- 09:22 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:21 Brawl In Cell Block 99 REVIEW: Approach with caution
- 09:21 The Death Of Stalin review: Dead funny satire of ruthless politics
- 09:21 North East ambulance crew honoured with Queen’s Medal
- 09:20 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:20 Fantasy Premier League tips: Best value Fantasy Football XI ahead...
- 09:20 Roger Federer is BETTER than Rafael Nadal... admits Rafa's uncle Toni
- 09:20 M57 police chase suspect said he "bought stolen car from man in pub"
- 09:20 Sam Smith announces The Thrill of It All tour - this is how to get...
- 09:19 Amazon workers evacuated after 'suspicious package' found at...
- 09:19 Man punched victim he claimed called his grandmother "an old witch"
- 09:19 Need a new job? William, Kate and Harry are hiring
- 09:18 Everton vs Arsenal: Paul Merson makes bold claim about Premier...