Legal action won’t stop rail strikes
Labour: Southern must stop disregarding safety concerns
LABOUR accused privateer Southern Rail yesterday of disregarding concerns over safety as the disgraced company threatened legal action in an attempt to stop a three-day strike by train guards.
Shadow transport secretary Andy McDonald MP said the long-running dispute should be settled through negotiation, not legal action.
“Nobody wants to see these strikes go ahead, least of all staff,” he said.
“But the way to avoid industrial action is for all parties to get back round the table and reach a negotiated settlement, not by launching... read more
- 11:29 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department
- 11:29 Chairman of Eskdale Festival ‘excited’ for next year
- 11:28 Birmingham City Council to launch energy company to take on 'failed...
- 11:28 Chance to buy a house for £2 as family opts for unconventional...
- 11:28 Double award win for Hallam architecture graduate
- 11:28 Sheffield secondary awarded national teaching school status
- 11:27 BREAKING NEWS: Relief for Hillsborough families as six are charged...
- 11:27 Angela Merkel tightens grip on power according to new poll
- 11:27 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department
- 11:26 Hillsborough commander David Duckenfield charged with 95 counts...
- 11:25 Here are 11 things you won’t miss about Tinder
- 11:26 Sheffield secondary awarded national teaching school status
- 11:26 Care crisis putting lives of elderly in danger, says MP
- 11:25 Why this Twitter thread on dating insecure boys is dangerous
- 11:25 Notts County owner Alan Hardy scores more success in his business
- 11:24 Jack Wilshere will be offered new Arsenal contract, says ex-Gunner...
- 11:24 Nearly half of Brits think that tax should be increased
- 11:24 The death of Simon Brown
- 11:23 Liverpool Transfer News: Keita hammer blow, Sakho to exit despite...
- 11:23 Avengers Infinity War set photo reveals SHOCKING new Iron Man plot...
- 11:23 Caught on camera: Do you know them?
- 11:23 House prices rising faster in the North than the South for the...
- 11:22 House prices BOUNCE BACK amid election and Brexit - but London...
- 11:22 Safety of Harrogate District's residential properties reviewed...
- 11:22 Exclusive - Halliburton in talks to buy billionaire Kaiser's...
- 11:22 Stagecoach reports 15.3 percent fall in full-year profit
- 11:20 Pregnant Serena Williams poses naked for Vanity Fair cover
- 11:20 This trick could save you hundreds a year on your Sky bill
- 11:20 Shamed FIFA boss' 'adopted son' handed job at Aston Villa during...
- 11:20 Increasing number of people suffer misery of persistent poverty