Leeds’s Dame Fanny Waterman honoured at Women of the Year Awards
0 Have your say The founder of one of Leeds’s flagship cultural events has been honoured at the Women of the Year Awards.
The founder of one of Leeds’s flagship cultural events has been honoured at the Women of the Year Awards.
Dame Fanny Waterman, who set up the Leeds International Piano Competition, was recognised for her ‘extraordinary’ contribution to the city’s music scene with the DFS Women of the Year Award - Lifetime Achievement.
Waterman, the daughter of a Russian Jewish emigrant to Leeds, has been giving concert performances locally since 1941. Feeling that young British pianists... read more
- 10:05 WhatsApp will soon stop working on millions of phones, is yours one...
- 10:05 We're Going on a Bear Hunt will be on Channel 4 this Christmas
- 10:05 Stoke City 2, Burnley 0: Player ratings from tasty win over Clarets
- 10:05 LIVE: A50 Waterloo Road closed in both directions after three...
- 10:05 Eden Hazard reveals the ‘big change’ that Diego Costa has made at...
- 10:04 School playground to be transformed after winning Lottery bid
- 10:03 Update: Horses loose on the A17 at Heckington - owner is found
- 09:59 Missing 'high risk' 13-year-old girl found after helicopter search
- 09:58 Witnesses sought after 'deliberate' Ribchester barn fire
- 09:56 General Tso's Chicken creator dies in Taiwan aged 98
- 09:56 Apple admits self-driving car plans
- 09:54 France's Left starts fightback after Hollande bows out of...
- 09:51 Hull City news and rumours LIVE: Tigers ready for Middlesbrough...
- 09:51 Man awaiting sentence after pinning partner against wall
- 09:48 Female suicide bomber uses children as decoy before blowing herself up
- 09:45 Missing out on West Ham tie in FA Cup was the biggest regret of my...
- 09:44 Hospital theft sparks police probe
- 09:43 Part of Carlisle on lockdown following incident
- 09:43 Manhunt continues in Carlisle following armed police incident
- 09:43 Bedroom fire in west Cumbria
- 09:41 Killer drivers could be jailed for life under new proposals
- 09:40 Stranger attack ‘left man with serious facial injuries’
- 09:40 Record 1,378 Christmas trees at Melton Mowbray festival
- 09:40 Dangerous drivers who kill could face life in prison
- 09:37 Analysis: Holyrood will not win veto in complex Brexit contest
- 09:36 Police appeal for information over fail to stop in Windermere
- 09:36 Barrow firm retains place in league table of fastest-growing companies
- 09:36 Walney School teacher surprised with Bouquet of the Week from star...
- 09:35 Driver dies after crash on Northumberland road
- 09:34 Man punches kangaroo in the face after it held his dog in a headlock