Leeds mum’s safety warning for other parents after toddler’s choking scare
A Leeds mum whose toddler’s life was saved by an ambulance crew is urging parents to take heed of the messages of this year’s Family Safety Week.
As previously reported by the Yorkshire Evening Post, Katy Bavill’s two-year-old son, Ralph, stopped breathing and suffered a cardiac arrest after choking on a grape at the family’s home in Alwoodley.
Ralph was only showing faint signs of life when ambulance staff arrived but they managed to resuscitate him and he has since made a full recovery.
Now Katy has teamed up with the Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust to support Family Safety Week,... read more
- 13:29 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...
- 13:27 Trump escalates attacks on FBI as he fights back against Mueller...
- 13:27 Dairy Crest invests £85m in cheese factory as overseas demand grows
- 13:27 UK house prices fall by 0.2% for March, says Land Registry
- 13:26 Missing hospital patient may be in Sheffield
- 13:26 New events plan for Hull former culture city
- 13:26 Man in leather thong wades in to huge fight in middle of...
- 13:25 Teacher fired for sex abuse claims wins £10k for unfair dismissal
- 13:23 Lancashire IS supporter incited lone wolf attacks on Prince George...
- 13:23 Here's how your kids can get FREE Lego, My Little Pony and Ben 10...
- 13:21 Bungling motorist caught behind the wheel moments after getting...
- 13:21 Macron French reforms: SNCF workers vote down changes
- 13:20 Ever wondered why La Liga's top goalscorer wins 'the Pichichi'?
- 13:20 Zlatan Ibrahimovic's stunning MLS debut is starting to look like an...
- 13:20 Thriller Live! role for dancer, Eliza Hart
- 13:20 In pictures: 8 luxurious country homes for sale in Scotland
- 13:18 Tesco launches own-brand vegan Margherita sourdough pizza for £3.50
- 13:17 PMQs verdict: Jeremy Corbyn fails to press home advantages on NHS
- 13:17 New business park would create more jobs in Market Harborough
- 13:16 Lancashire IS supporter incited lone wolf attacks on Prince George...
- 13:16 PMQs verdict: Jeremy Corbyn fails to press home advantages on NHS
- 13:16 Meghan Markle getting ‘tactical driving’ training to boost security
- 13:14 Arsenal transfer targets: 10 players that could sign for new...
- 13:13 EDITOR’S COLUMN: How can we trust either of our councils with...
- 13:13 Will Smith to perform official song for the 2018 World Cup
- 13:12 New council leader defends challenge
- 13:12 How has new Arsenal head coach Unai Emery performed against Pep...
- 13:12 New Hartlepool business signs up to Armed Forces Covenant
- 13:10 Quartermile directors complete buyout move
- 13:09 Woman wanted by police over missed court appearance