Leeds hospital ward killings revealed in report
Two men died after being attacked on a hospital ward by a fellow patient with paranoid schizophrenia whose drugs had been stopped, it has emerged.
Roger Lamb, 79, and Ken Godward, 76, were beaten by 70-year-old Harry Bosomworth at St James's University Hospital, Leeds, in 2015.
A report, leaked to the Health Service Journal (HSJ), found nurses on the ward had little mental health care training.
Two trusts have admitted failings and said they were working on improvements.
Read more stories from across Yorkshire
Mr Bosomworth, who had previously been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, was... read more
- 00:23 F1 2018 game: what’s new and when it’s out
- 00:22 BREAKING: Israel and Palestine exchange FURIOUS rocket fire as...
- 00:21 Matt Hancock: schools across the UK should ban mobile phones
- 00:20 86-year-old 'King of the Road' lands pot-hole payout, wins...
- 00:20 The Yorkshire Post says: Chris Grayling survives again. Another...
- 00:17 Sudoku 4091 medium
- 00:17 Salvini’s ‘Roma register’ marks a dangerous step towards fascism
- 00:16 Up in smoke: Is the vape shop boom about to end?
- 00:15 UK urged to make 'traffic light' food labelling mandatory
- 00:13 Commons set for Brexit vote showdown
- 00:10 New British army chief urges shift towards tech-driven warfare
- 00:09 The Yorkshire Post says: Cannabis case. William Hague highlights...
- 00:08 Which? calls on government to fix food labelling 'chaos'
- 00:06 Rural residents hang up on mobile banking, regulator finds
- 00:06 UK urged to make 'traffic light' food labelling mandatory
- 00:06 Sampdoria president appears to confirm Lucas Torreira’s move...
- 23:51 JCB X Series excavator 'best machine they've ever made'
- 23:46 Urgent appeal for missing woman last seen close to Anfield Cemetery
- 23:41 Trump drives Australian trust in US to all-time low
- 23:35 General Electric drops out of Dow index
- 23:34 Maurizio Sarri tells friends he wants to sign Dries Mertens...
- 23:27 Chester FC joint-boss Anthony Johnson on £1million donation and how...
- 23:13 Guardian's Amelia Gentleman wins prize for Windrush reporting
- 23:10 Harry Kane: ‘The challenge is to be up there with Ronaldo and Messi’
- 23:10 Jack Wilshere confirms Arsenal exit due to ‘reduced playing time’...
- 23:10 Raheem Sterling and supporting cast must find shooting boots
- 23:10 Ascot’s beefed up security measures have desired effect on day one
- 23:10 England’s Mike Brown says abusive fan had no right to accuse him of...
- 23:10 Ruben Loftus-Cheek in line to start for England against Panama
- 23:10 Big business pushes for curbs on class action lawsuits