Lee Irving 'exploited', mother tells murder trial
A man with learning difficulties found beaten to death was "exploited and picked on" his whole life, his mother has told a court.
Lee Irving, 24, was found dead near a footpath in Fawdon, Newcastle, in 2015.
His mother Beverley told Newcastle Crown Court he was "called degrading names" and made a target of abuse.
Two men are accused of his murder, while two women are accused of causing or allowing his death. They all deny the charges.
Ms Irving told jurors: "Lee was bullied and picked on - people were cruel making fun of him.
"He was called degrading names all... read more
- 00:30 JEREMY CROSS COLUMN: Gift of the Gab keeps on giving, but...
- 00:30 Princess Diana's dresses go on show as she is heralded the queen of...
- 00:27 The multi-millionaire who is giving his business away
- 00:27 How Ikea's Billy bookcase took over the world
- 00:27 How to stop your career stagnating like Reggie Perrin's
- 00:25 Man United v Chelsea transfer battle: Giants sent scouts to watch...
- 00:25 Agent: My client was still upset when he returned to Liverpool last...
- 00:24 'They are delighted': Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe is...
- 00:24 'They've been spending a lot of time apart': Claims Hugh Jackman...
- 00:24 Hartlepool United defensive lapses must be stopped
- 00:20 Fresh fears that business rates increase could hit investment
- 00:19 Energy bills: customer switching hits six-year high
- 00:19 New York’s example can help the North become economic powerhouse
- 00:17 Consumers switching of energy suppliers reaches six year high
- 00:16 Last weekend's TV reviewed: Diana styled it her way
- 00:14 Holograms, mistrust and 'fake news' in France's election
- 00:14 Oscars 2017 WINNERS LIST: Will La La Land sweep the board?
- 00:14 Based on a true story: We should expect too much from our...
- 00:13 GPs are failing people with eating disorders, says charity
- 00:11 Drivers face double points for phone use
- 00:11 YEP Says: Reliable service vital for Leeds’s future success
- 00:04 The disappearance of Jonathan Spollen
- 00:03 Howe vows Cherries will keep pressing
- 00:03 The war grief, pain and loss that will not be televised
- 00:03 Time to ask the arms industry to come clean
- 00:03 A memory that serves us well
- 00:03 Harry thrills with hat-trick
- 00:03 Six Nations: Messy England fend off Italy
- 00:03 What price Claudio?
- 00:03 The other Miliband obfuscates for Murdoch