Leaked reports warns nearly 300 Liverpool NHS jobs could be lost thanks to £5m cut
Nearly 300 NHS jobs in Liverpool could be lost as health chiefs try to slash the value of a major contract.
A leaked document warns between 120 and 280 jobs could vanish as £5m is ripped out of community health services.
The NHS currently spends around £81m a year in Liverpool on community health services – including walk-in centres, district nursing and health visitors.
Read More Revealed: £300k bill for accountants to help slash millions from Merseyside NHS
But a leaked report reveals a secret plan to reduce this annual bill by £5m.
The document warns this will lead to frontline service... read more
- 19:07 Nene Valley Railway prepares for Santa Specials
- 19:06 Tributes paid to former mayor
- 19:04 Man charged with murder after body is found in Derbyshire
- 19:04 Britain's banks to reveal solid third quarter results, warn of...
- 19:02 Watch: Motorist REFUSES to stop tailgating ambulance through jam
- 19:02 Liverpool Irish Centre future to be confirmed within two months
- 19:02 ECHO readers moved to tears by plight of Mersey midwife who wrote...
- 19:02 Incredible photos show the sheer scale of the Seaforth docks fire
- 19:01 What did Mourinho say to Conte after the Manchester United defeat...
- 19:01 De Bruyne is Manchester derby doubt after limping out of Man City draw
- 19:01 Manchester United fans react on Twitter to 'shambolic' Chelsea defeat
- 18:59 Man charged with murder after body is found in Derbyshire
- 18:59 Sci-Con at The Collection trains young Jedi in Light Sabre Training...
- 18:59 Bikers ride through town in tribute to tragic Josh
- 18:57 Derbyshire firefighters rescue cat stuck in tree
- 18:56 Paul Pogba and Ander Herrera were ’embarrassing’ as Chelsea beat...
- 18:56 Watch French commentator go bonkers at Celtic striker Moussa...
- 18:55 Teenager to scale mountain to thank Flintshire animal charity for...
- 18:53 Emergency measures to deal with more floods in Cumbria
- 18:53 Drug dealer spared jail to "mend his ways"
- 18:52 Cruel Justin Bieber hoaxer targets Birmingham Children's Hospital
- 18:51 Antonio Conte slams Chelsea fans after 4-0 thrashing of...
- 18:51 Jose Mourinho confirms Eric Bailly suffered ‘bad’ knee ligament...
- 18:50 Chelsea 4 Manchester United 0: The match in a minute
- 18:50 All day banjo festival makes Armitage Bridge hum!
- 18:49 Antonio Conte: My reaction to Chelsea's big win, David Luiz's...
- 18:49 Juan Mata: Defeat to Chelsea hurt the Man United dressing room
- 18:49 Jose Mourinho fears the worse for Man United star Eric Bailly: He...
- 18:49 Detailed Chelsea Player Ratings: Hazard produces a masterclass as...
- 18:48 Who bludgeoned to death the young lovers who were found entwined in...