Leading Pakistani journalist says barred from leaving country over article
A prominent Pakistani journalist says he has been barred from leaving the country after he wrote an article, denied by the authorities, about a rift between the government and the powerful military.
Cyril Almeida's name has been placed on the Exit Control List, his newspaper Dawn reported on Tuesday, citing officials.
An interior ministry spokesman said he could not confirm the order had been issued.
Almeida, a leading columnist and assistant editor at one of Pakistan's most respected English-language dailies, issued a tweet late on Monday about the ban.
"I am told and have been... read more
- 16:59 Crash Bandicoot PS4 review round-up: N Sane Trilogy divides critics
- 16:59 Travellers who moved onto Chaddesden Park vow to stay in Derby for...
- 16:59 Pokemon Go UPDATE - Rare Shiny Pikachu REVEALED for Niantic...
- 16:58 Facebook storm after hunting group pose for wedding pictures at top...
- 16:58 Radja Nainggolan will join Manchester United reckons pundit Janusz...
- 16:57 Borders huntsmen convicted of breaching fox-hunting laws
- 16:57 Raid on Barclays bank in Sparkbook: Everything we know so far
- 16:56 Worldwide fears as borrowing may become much more difficult
- 16:56 Phil Neville: If Manchester United can do this they will challenge...
- 16:56 Helping families as always
- 16:56 Pupils learning to keep it fresh after food firm pays a visit
- 16:55 PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Made In Chelsea's Tiffany Watson flaunts serious...
- 16:55 Hey Good(man) Lookin'! Reality star Chloe displays her eye-popping...
- 16:55 Plenty of inspiration to be found
- 16:54 Calls for indyrer2 to require a 70% margin for victory
- 16:54 The disruptive retailers bringing the high street to the consumer
- 16:54 The Ripon Mayor’s column with Pauline McHardy
- 16:54 Conwy bride's dream wedding nightmare after marquee firm no-show
- 16:53 Brazil authorities seek arrest of 95 Rio de Janeiro police officers
- 16:53 Youth services set to be cut and jobs axed by Leicester council
- 16:53 Dramatic race against time for father-of-two, 56, who has three...
- 16:53 Swift Fox Cabs "In 50 years, we’ve had power cuts, phone lines...
- 16:53 Birthday greetings sent to eight-year-old boy proves bullies never win
- 16:52 Police officer denies rape allegations
- 16:51 Trolls beware! Instagram introduces filters that block offensive...
- 16:51 Bands line up for fund-raising festival
- 16:51 Does your voice turn squeaky when you talk to your boss? It's a...
- 16:51 Man taken to hospital after Berwick incident
- 16:51 Google Photos rolls out AI-powered image sharing, suggestions and...
- 16:51 Prehistoric stone 'funnel trap' designed to trap fish found on...