Leading GP raises concerns over sustainability and transformation plans
A leading GP has raised concerns that plans which are being drawn up to make the NHS sustainable over coming years "barely acknowledge" the role of family doctors.
Despite 90% of NHS interactions happening in GP practices, some of the new sustainability and transformation plans "barely acknowledge general practice at all", the leader of the Royal College of GPs said.
The proposals are being drawn up across England to meet significant cuts.
The plans aim to show how services in each local region will evolve and become sustainable over the next five years.
But the... read more
- 06:25 St John's CE Primary School, Radcliffe, in random acts of kindness
- 06:24 Tesco puts US chain Fresh & Easy into bankruptcy
- 06:24 Secondary ticketing: how it works, the law, pitfalls and the future
- 06:22 Watch these LGBTQ flags become bulletproof in anti-violence protest
- 06:20 Guest Column: We must ensure the great British pub doesn’t die out
- 06:18 A right royal occasion at Horncastle Primary School
- 06:17 North End frontman Maguire gets a breather
- 06:16 Champions League final: Former Reds ace REFUSES to travel to Kiev...
- 06:16 Revving up for Motor Festival
- 06:15 Grand-daughter of Rushden-born author H E Bates calls for...
- 06:15 Headteacher’s pride at Ofsted report for Earls Barton school
- 06:15 NSPCC urges Northamptonshire families to give exam pupils ‘vital’...
- 06:15 Corby mum hopes ‘Wear It Purple’ Day will be biggest yet
- 06:14 Residents vent frustrations over crime and anti-social behaviour
- 06:14 Young people have chance to join police cadets
- 06:14 Music and beer festival returns to cricket club for fourth year
- 06:14 Arson attacks rise by more than a third in last two years
- 06:14 Pond weed affecting wildlife in Hartlepool park
- 06:14 Budding Hartlepool actors audition for new film set to be created...
- 06:14 Blackpool: From the courts 25-05-18
- 06:12 Guest Column: We must ensure the great British pub doesn’t die out
- 06:10 World War One Veterans' Association founder dies aged 91
- 06:10 Windrush citizens trapped in Jamaica criticise British officials
- 06:10 Windrush scandal: 'You don't need that passport, they said'
- 06:08 Unai Emery will NEVER win Arsenal the Premier League claims former...
- 06:04 Champions League final: Liverpool's road to Kiev - who did they...
- 06:04 Champions League final: Salah given Ronaldo and Messi challenge by...
- 06:04 VIDEO: A masterclass in the art of the summer barbecue
- 06:03 NSPCC urges Northamptonshire families to give exam pupils ‘vital’...
- 05:58 Indigenous children's removal on the rise 21 years after Bringing...