Leading GP raises concerns over sustainability and transformation plans
A leading GP has raised concerns that plans which are being drawn up to make the NHS sustainable over coming years "barely acknowledge" the role of family doctors.
Despite 90% of NHS interactions happening in GP practices, some of the new sustainability and transformation plans "barely acknowledge general practice at all", the leader of the Royal College of GPs said.
The proposals are being drawn up across England to meet significant cuts.
The plans aim to show how services in each local region will evolve and become sustainable over the next five years.
But the... read more
- 15:00 Mika Häkkinen: ‘Monaco is very demanding. If you panic, you are in...
- 14:57 Indiana teacher threw basketball to avert school shooter
- 14:57 Girl, 12, among three killed as Cyclone Mekunu hits Oman
- 14:57 Man suffers multiple stab wounds in Birmingham pub attack
- 14:57 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:56 Blinder of an event at Brocklesby for hospice funds
- 14:55 There’s a massive art installation dedicated to sweets in Dallas
- 14:54 Football league runs at Brid CYP this summer
- 14:54 VIDEO: Floral tributes pour in for murdered Sheffield teen as...
- 14:53 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:53 Major road in Northamptonshire near M1 closed following crash
- 14:46 VIDEO: Floral tributes pour in for murdered Sheffield teen as...
- 14:45 Councillors backing Market Place projects
- 14:43 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 14:41 Billy Bragg on Barking: ‘I would hurry past every alleyway for fear...
- 14:41 World Cup 2018: The 12 Tottenham stars you can expect to see in...
- 14:38 New Sunderland AFC owners 'absolutely intent' on return of Stadium...
- 14:34 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way
- 14:32 Met Office issues thunderstorm flood warning for Bank Holiday Monday
- 14:32 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 14:30 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:30 Scots writers protest against Richard Branson’s Edinburgh hotel plans
- 14:28 Murder inquiry launched after boy, 17, dies in Northampton
- 14:28 Firefighters 7,500m climb for fellow life-savers
- 14:27 Liverpool Champions League team news: Star to miss game, Klopp...
- 14:25 People aren’t impressed with this restaurant’s take on a full...
- 14:25 BREAKING NEWS: Murder inquiry launched after death of teenager in...
- 14:25 Major road in Northamptonshire near M1 closed following crash
- 14:24 Fun for all the family at Whissendine School’s fayre
- 14:24 Real Madrid Champions League final team: Zidane to name this 4-3-3...