Leading GP raises concerns over sustainability and transformation plans
A leading GP has raised concerns that plans which are being drawn up to make the NHS sustainable over coming years "barely acknowledge" the role of family doctors.
Despite 90% of NHS interactions happening in GP practices, some of the new sustainability and transformation plans "barely acknowledge general practice at all", the leader of the Royal College of GPs said.
The proposals are being drawn up across England to meet significant cuts.
The plans aim to show how services in each local region will evolve and become sustainable over the next five years.
But the... read more
- 09:34 National headlines
- 09:34 Two seriously injured in A590 smash in Barrow
- 09:34 Traffic and travel news for Cumbria - Saturday December 3
- 09:32 India, Afghanistan plan air cargo link over Pakistan
- 09:31 Body of Long Eaton man James Nicholls pulled from sewage tank
- 09:30 Preferred candidate named in hunt for Lincolnshire’s new Chief...
- 09:29 Man killed in early-hours crash near Telford
- 09:29 Paul Pogba can be as good as Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and...
- 09:29 Reeves and Mortimer at Nottingham's Royal Concert Hall - review
- 09:25 Recognition for partnership tackling underage drinking
- 09:25 Morpeth woman jailed for involvement in murder
- 09:23 Hillsborough foes have traded places
- 09:23 Turkey hits back at EU over migrant deal collapse as it blasts 'you...
- 09:22 Unauthorised wearing of military medals could become a crime
- 09:21 China protests at Trump-Taiwan call
- 09:20 Concert violinist jailed for conning people out of £357,000 by...
- 09:20 Newcastle United duo set to miss Burton Albion trip after red cards...
- 09:16 Chinese mine disasters kill at least 38
- 09:15 Police forced to take mugshot with macaw who wouldn’t leave criminal
- 09:15 Fake injury claimants caught out after they were spotted playing...
- 09:14 DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: Faith can help when medicine fails...
- 09:13 Digital revamp for Carlisle fast food restaurant
- 09:13 Action group wants clear plan to protect Carlisle from more floods
- 09:12 The Chanel No. 5 perfume you know and love is at risk of...
- 09:11 Glorious English grapes! Spend a weekend tasting award-winning wine...
- 09:11 Swiss sensation! See real snow from the comfort of a first-class...
- 09:11 Erupting geysers, dramatic waterfalls and epic fjords: Stunning...
- 09:11 Masked men attack elderly pair in their Peterlee home
- 09:10 Burglar wrote sorry letter to friend victim from prison
- 09:10 Urgent care unit welcomed for Hartlepool hospital, but many say it...