Leading experts create NHS 'manifesto' demanding radical transformation
A group of influential clinicians, academics and peers said public funding should be set aside for the overhaul, which would require a "massive increase" in local community services.
The 17 authors of the NHS "manifesto" include former NHS chief executive Lord Nigel Crisp and Professor Maureen Baker, chair of the Royal College of General Practitioners.
Writing in The Lancet medical journal, they highlighted the "troubled" state of an NHS that appeared to "lurch from crisis to crisis".
Brexit was likely to worsen many problems such as staffing... read more
- 13:54 RUMOUR MILL: Barca watch Kane and Eriksen, while Foxes hunt a big name
- 13:54 Keith Stroud to referee Burton Albion for first time since bizarre...
- 13:53 Aston Martin unveils stunning new convertible
- 13:52 PS4 games: PlayStation Halloween sale is good news for Fortnite and...
- 13:53 Dunn deal for Magpies in FA Cup?
- 13:52 Restaurant pest banned from Manchester city centre
- 13:52 Flood warning sirens to be sounded on Friday
- 13:52 Birmingham City LIVE: Updates from Steve Cotterill's pre-Millwall...
- 13:51 MARKO ARNAUTOVIC... on Jose Mourinho giving him a watch for turning...
- 13:51 Planes make skillful landings at Newcastle Airport in spite of...
- 13:50 Get your geek on at Buxton comic-con this weekend
- 13:50 Distraught pregnant woman must survive on 1p a month due to...
- 13:49 Amber Rudd’s decision to send home Americans in Scotland upheld
- 13:48 Spinathon for Royal Preston Hospital raises £100
- 13:48 Teenagers arrested in Llandudno drug raids
- 13:47 Mood in the Chelsea camp is not the best, admits Blues defender...
- 13:47 Carlos Takam confident he can beat Anthony Joshua in Cardiff after...
- 13:47 Manchester United on FIFA 18: How every player looks, highest rated...
- 13:47 Former soldier 'initiation ceremonies' in barracks left him with...
- 13:47 The importance of decentralised solar energy
- 13:46 Emergency services ‘need new law help’
- 13:46 New hope in quest for ancient beer
- 13:46 Flying Scotsman investigation at Nene Valley Railway
- 13:46 Cesar Azpilicueta worried about Chelsea’s state of mind ahead of...
- 13:46 Furious Dudley mum says toddler 'bitten by BEDBUGS' at Pontins
- 13:46 Scotland to become first part of UK to ban the smacking of children
- 13:46 Loose Women: Penny Lancaster breaks down as she reveals she was...
- 13:45 Emergency meeting over British Steel pensions called
- 13:45 Lyon v Sale Sharks: European Challenge Cup preview
- 13:44 Lancaster Brewery raises a glass to prestigious beer listings