Leading British conductor Sir Neville Marriner dies at 92
The British conductor and violinist, Sir Neville Marriner, has died at the age of 92, the Academy of St Martin in the Fields says.
Sir Neville started his musical career with the London Symphony Orchestra.
He later established the Academy of St Martin in the Fields, one of the world's leading chamber orchestras.
Its chairman, Paul Aylieff, said Sir Neville's artistic and recording legacy with orchestras and audiences worldwide was "immense".
"He will be greatly missed by all who knew and worked with him and the academy will ensure it continues to be an excellent and fitting... read more
- 11:57 Heartachingly cute bulldog demands 6 belly rubs in a single minute
- 11:57 Why Malaysia’s Sabah region should be your next holiday destination
- 11:56 Named and shamed: Who's been in Derbyshire's courts?
- 11:55 Scunthorpe defeat is not the end of the world: How Twitter reacted
- 11:54 Greek parliament approves 2017 budget projecting return to strong...
- 11:54 Police are warned: No promise of extra cash
- 11:54 Market 'paradigm shift' may be under way, but more volatility...
- 11:48 Iran signs $16bn deal to buy 80 Boeing aircraft
- 11:48 Boris Johnson 'misreported' over Saudi Arabia
- 11:44 ECB's Weidmann - can't exclude option of state joining Italy bank...
- 11:44 Shrinking FX market could pose stability risk - BIS
- 11:42 Faulty lights spark safety fears
- 11:42 Farmers’ fears about violent crime
- 11:39 Live coverage of second murder investigation following fatal...
- 11:35 BREAKING: 17 people dead after two girls blow themselves up in...
- 11:35 It’s a record - Horncastle RBL raises appeal cash
- 11:35 Cattle trough and dolly tubs stolen from West Rasen and Osgodby
- 11:34 Here comes the bride... soaking wet! Photographer holds incredible...
- 11:34 Uber driver clocks 'longest ride in history' after taking customer...
- 11:34 Fantasy holiday! Bachelor reject Kiki Morris flaunts her bronzed...
- 11:33 Wow! Giant Star Wars AT-ACT built by Lincolnshire inventor
- 11:31 Chelsea star offered mammoth contract to leave Stamford Bridge
- 11:31 Theo Walcott: This is why Arsenal are top of the table
- 11:30 Rent-a-Jew tells you all you need to know about Jews
- 11:29 Manchester City target £25m move for Tottenham star Danny Rose
- 11:29 Chelsea facing points deduction for part in bench-clearing bust-up...
- 11:29 Arsenal must 'smash their wage structure' to keep Alexis Sanchez...
- 11:27 Bolivia’s defence minister accuses Chapecoense plane crash pilot of...
- 11:26 England on the brink of humiliating fourth Test defeat after...
- 11:24 Social Superstore platform allows users to earn money by sharing goods