Lead thief left in wheelchair after plunge from city landmark
A drunken thief was left in a wheelchair after plunging from the top of one of Birmingham’s oldest buildings as he plundered lead from the roof.
Police found Connor Buckley in agony outside the St Nicolas Place complex in Kings Norton early on October 6, 2015.
He had stolen £2,000-worth of metal from the 15th century, Grade I listed Tudor Merchant's House.
Read More Kings Norton: Suspected thief arrested after fall from award-winning TV building
The historical treasures that make up St Nicolas Place were restored in 2004 when they won the BBC’s Restoration programme.
But Birmingham Crown... read more
- 15:43 Branston man accused of neglecting dogs and chickens in his care
- 15:42 Dramatic new pictures shows all that remains of Peckleton bungalow...
- 15:42 Man rescued from water by RNLI near Hartlepool
- 15:41 NHS staff and patients to celebrate ‘Experience of Care Week’
- 15:41 The key moments in Birmingham City's win over Sheffield United...
- 15:40 Prison recruitment drive sparked by safety concerns reaches it target
- 15:40 Big Pedal fortnight set to see thousands of parents and children...
- 15:39 Britons killed in Saudi Arabia crash
- 15:38 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 15:37 Chelsea vs Southampton: Full line ups and team news for FA Cup clash
- 15:36 Stoke 1-1 Burnley: Ashley Barnes equalises for Clarets in second...
- 15:32 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:32 Arsenal 4-1 West Ham: Late goals from Aaron Ramsey and Alexandre...
- 15:32 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 15:31 TV star Paul O'Grady devastated after death of his beloved dog Olga
- 15:29 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:29 NHS staff and patients to celebrate ‘Experience of Care Week’
- 15:29 Thousands of fans pay tribute to Avicii at Coachella following his...
- 15:26 Lesbian mum told baby won’t be legally registered because she is gay
- 15:25 Rafael Nadal beats Kei Nishikori to win the Monte Carlo Masters for...
- 15:25 Courts: Man avoids jail despite attack with rounders bat
- 15:24 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:24 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:22 Can you pass the UK citizenship test? Take this quiz and find out
- 15:22 Funding boost for police operation targeting Calderdale's dangerous...
- 15:22 How much do London Marathon 2018 winners get in prize money?
- 15:21 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:21 Police raid illegal Thai orgy and find ‘sweating middle-aged...
- 15:21 Majority get first choice school
- 15:21 Trump says North Korea nuclear crisis 'long way from conclusion'