Lazy Brits putting their security at risk by never changing passwords
0 Have your say Lazy Brits are still using weak passwords over the internet despite recent scares over online security, new research has found. Nearly 20 per cent of adults polled confessed they never change their passwords, with 15 per cent saying they only did once every two years.
A staggering eight per cent of 2,000 Brits polled admitted to using their own name as their password with 14 per cent using their pet's name.
The study, commissioned by gadget insurance provider Row.co.uk, also found that 16 per cent admitted to using the same password for every account.
More than half of those... read more
- 09:45 Pair charged over young brothers' road deaths in Coventry
- 09:44 Two charged over Coventry hit-and-run crash which killed brothers...
- 09:42 BBC presenter’s book focuses on Easton Walled Gardens
- 09:41 Taxi driver caught using Costa Coffee cup lid as fuel cap
- 09:40 Man Utd v Chelsea: Former Premier League star makes big prediction...
- 09:38 Manchester City’s Oleksandr Zinchenko: ‘I trained on the streets of...
- 09:38 Children’s charity admits six cases of sexual abuse and...
- 09:37 Wigan man had vile child abuse images on his computer
- 09:36 Dave Seddon’s PNE pressview: The rise of Alan Browne
- 09:36 Winter Olympics 2018: Billy Morgan makes ‘HORRIBLE’ claim after...
- 09:36 Winter Olympics: Ester Ledecka wins two gold medals in DIFFERENT...
- 09:34 Report shows UK has an ‘unhealthy’ relationship with alcohol
- 09:33 Sinkhole of 'unknown depth' opens ups on Dallamires Lane, Ripon
- 09:32 South Tyneside garden waste collections start next month
- 09:32 Trust received funding boost from council
- 09:32 Get ready to be entertained as Customs House announces new shows
- 09:32 Sponsored walk to raise cash for Charlie Cookson Fund
- 09:32 New delays mean pedestrian Tyne Tunnel will be THREE YEARS late in...
- 09:32 Sunderland and South Tyneside health chiefs look to recruit 100...
- 09:32 Fancy a business bank account that does your taxes for you?...
- 09:32 Jarrow transplant survivor backs move to bring in opt-out donor system
- 09:32 Watch out for these seven old-school selling tricks that have moved...
- 09:32 12 tips on giving well to charity: How to make sure your money is...
- 09:32 Meera Sodha’s vegan recipe for kitchari
- 09:29 Shirebrook firefighters come to aid of dog
- 09:28 Lords' Twitter row over Stormont deadlock
- 09:28 Ester Ledecka seals status as Winter Olympics snow queen with...
- 09:26 Finding hidden battle’s history
- 09:26 Firefighters will wash your cars for charity
- 09:26 County’s first female MP to be celebrated