Law student, 21, plummeted to just 6st 6lbs after a rare condition nearly starved her and left her in agonising pain every time she ate
A law student's weight plummeted to just 6st 6lbs due to a mysterious illness that left her in agonising pain every time she ate anything.
Chloe Hampton, 21, from west London, who started enduring hours of abdominal discomfort and nausea two years ago, was unable to keep food down, leaving her weak and in and out of hospital, searching for an explanation.
After years of suffering daily symptoms, Ms Hampton was eventually diagnosed with gastroparesis, which causes nerves in the stomach to stop working properly.
With no cure and doctors warning she would have a feeding tube fitted if she lost... read more
- 13:07 J Marion Sims: controversial statue taken down but debate still rages
- 13:06 Boy, 3, drowns in swimming pool in Leeds
- 13:05 Family's relief as missing Cherie Hutchings - who vanished on...
- 13:05 London Marathon weather forecast – will it be hot on Sunday?
- 13:05 Three men charged over Leeds and Wakefield burglaries
- 13:05 Man Utd vs Tottenham: Mourinho without one star but two return,...
- 13:05 UK's best-paid primary headteacher suspended amid fraud inquiry
- 13:03 Plus-size influencers recreate outfits worn by Meghan Markle and...
- 13:02 Boy, three, dies after drowning in David Lloyd swimming pool
- 13:02 The Queen age, net worth, birthday, family and everything you need...
- 13:01 Three men charged over Leeds and Wakefield burglaries
- 12:59 Hay fever misery as pollen and pollution creates 'toxic storm'
- 12:58 Prison worker jailed for 50 years after stealing £974,000 worth...
- 12:58 London Marathon route, starting point and number of runners
- 12:55 South Kesteven recycling drop-in sessions
- 12:55 Liam Payne reveals his nickname for Cheryl - and says she'll 'kill...
- 12:53 Data, memes and stadium dreams: how James Pallotta rebuilt Roma
- 12:53 Whitley Bay’s Hannah is helping grand planting plan
- 12:53 Munster hope to make experience count in clash of styles with Racing
- 12:51 North Korea missile and nuclear test halt hailed
- 12:49 Melania Trump, Obamas and Clintons to attend funeral of Barbara Bush
- 12:49 Manchester attack survivor has BGT judges in tears as she rises...
- 12:49 Man Utd star admits he snubbed Liverpool switch after training session
- 12:48 21 things you’ve never thought of doing at New Street Station
- 12:46 Adults with heart disease can stay out of hospital if they walk...
- 12:45 Caprice, 46, shows off her age-defying good looks as she dazzles in...
- 12:45 Susanna Reid, 47, lauded by fans for her 'natural beauty' after...
- 12:45 Strictly Come Dancing: Craig Revel Horwood SLAMS 'ungrateful'...
- 12:45 Courteney Cox and boyfriend Johnny McDaid engage in VERY heated...
- 12:45 Geordie Shore's Sophie Kasaei leaves NOTHING to the imagination in...