Large rise in children seen at risk of harm in Walsall
New figures have shown 17 per cent of youngsters in Walsall were subject to two or more child protection plans this year.
The numbers have placed the borough above the national average for the first time in five years.
A report into the figures was today expected to be discussed by the borough council’s education and children’s services overview and scrutiny committee.
It states the percentage of protection listed children in Walsall for 2015/16 is 17.2 per cent, which has risen substantially in the past 12 months from 13.3 per cent.
Figures for 2011/12 were even lower, at about 10.5 per... read more
- 19:35 Ireland abortion referendum goes down to the wire
- 19:26 MPs call for pet shop puppy sales ban
- 19:23 Grenfell inquiry opens to emotional testimony from survivors
- 19:23 Russian activity in City of London faces further scrutiny by MPs
- 19:23 Part of M20 to be used as lorry park to counter Brexit jams at Channel
- 19:17 Matlock student competes for Young Horticulturalist of the Year title
- 19:16 Darren Moore's West Brom to do list: The issues the new boss must...
- 19:11 Paris Gourtsoyannis: Why angry UK needed a royal wedding
- 19:11 Paris Gourtsoyannis: Indyref2 may be battle of ‘identitarian’ politics
- 19:10 Author Kate Mosse on returning to writing after a long hiatus
- 19:10 Forget two-week holidays and go for three-day adventures instead
- 19:09 Voters prefer Labor's tax plan, but two-party gap tightens –...
- 19:09 Barack and Michelle Obama to make films for Netflix
- 19:08 Man calls cops after being stalked by pig
- 19:08 Former Emmerdale star Lisa Riley reveals she's engaged to her "soul...
- 19:05 Jim Murphy: can the ‘Irn-Bru’ street fighter save Scottish Labour?
- 19:00 Family's frantic search for Romeo the talking parrot who flew off...
- 18:59 Desire can deliver Champions League dream for Liverpool, says...
- 18:58 Scarborough teenage hammer threat car robbers locked up for 11 years
- 18:57 Doors, backpacks and Ritalin: what Republicans have blamed school...
- 18:56 Northamptonshire golf club captain raises thousands in memory of...
- 18:56 Memorial garden could become games pitch at Northampton primary school
- 18:56 Arsenal confirm Santi Cazorla has left the club
- 18:53 The royal wedding was a display of black culture and I’m here for it
- 18:53 South Yorkshire taxi driver goes on trial accused of sexually...
- 18:53 Can your boss legally read your work e-mails? This is the law
- 18:52 Ruth Davidson calls on PM to oppose push for new independence poll
- 18:52 Real Madrid vs Liverpool: Zinedine Zidane’s planned starting XI...
- 18:50 Blaxton greyhound owner recounts tale of woe over Double Duvet's...
- 18:49 Dolphin stranded on British beach had rubber glove inside its stomach