Landowner handed £35,000 court bill for 'eyesore' farm land
A landowner has been handed a £35,000 court bill after losing an appeal over offences relating to a farm he had allowed to deteriorate into an eyesore.
Philip Wilson, of Brigsley Road, Waltham, had repeatedly ignored requests from North East Lincolnshire Council to tidy up land at Whitsend Farm in Ashby-cum-Fenby.
The farm was effectively being used as a scrap yard and he was served an enforcement notice in February 2013 to clear an extensive list of vehicles, machinery, rubbish and other materials from the site.
Wilson breached the order and was convicted in his absence in July 2014 for... read more
- 12:04 Fylde coast agency aims for historic double
- 12:04 Do first impressions count? It might look drab outside, but this...
- 12:04 Pensioner’s joy at garden transformation
- 12:03 Woman 'filmed urinating on Koran before burning it’ could face six...
- 12:03 Storm Doris to hit Birmingham, amber warning issued over fears of...
- 12:03 Van driver branded a 'son of a b***h' for parking in Edgbaston street
- 12:02 Barcelona police shoot driver of speeding truck 'packed with gas...
- 12:02 Hearts need to start challenging for silverware, says Jambos...
- 12:01 Sheffield College students stage Shakespeare inspired show
- 12:00 Film shows why Hull and Iceland aren't so different as Arctic...
- 12:00 Two rescued from Bootle flat fire
- 12:00 ‘He’s on a ledge' Phillip and Holly FEAR for baby’s safety as he...
- 11:59 The many benefits of volunteering
- 11:59 Bikes stolen in Baginton burglary
- 11:59 Azerbaijan President Aliyev makes wife Mehriban his deputy
- 11:59 Nottingham named one of the best cities to become friends with your...
- 11:59 Look inside this six-bed house for sale on Nottingham's...
- 11:58 Storm Doris to bring damaging winds and heavy rain to Grimsby area
- 11:58 France joins the party as euro zone economic outlook shines
- 11:58 WEATHER WARNING: Winds of up to 60mph to batter North West
- 11:57 Sheffield College students stage Shakespeare inspired show
- 11:56 Missing Warwick man found safe
- 11:55 Byron Sixth Form College into national F1 Schools competition final
- 11:55 Tributes left to Sunderland fan who died in cycling tragedy
- 11:55 Manchester United players and Jose Mourinho in positive mood ahead...
- 11:54 Labour to host vigil for Louth Hospital and NHS
- 11:54 SS-GB: BBC to 'look at' sound levels after complaints
- 11:53 Toyota tease futuristic electric city car concept that'll be...
- 11:53 BMW reveals new flying motorcycle and you'll never believe what...
- 11:53 Manchester United v St-Etienne: Jose Mourinho receives injury boost