Landlords won’t be able to rent tiny bedrooms anymore
If you’re tired of forking out hundreds of pounds for a room you can’t swing a cat in there’s some good news on the horizon.
World War Three is inevitable if Syria conflict continues, Turkey warns Landlords are to be banned from renting tiny rooms under tough new rules announced by the Government.
Anything less than 6.52 square metres will be off limits in shared homes under the plans which are out to consultation.
Changes could also see the ‘fit and proper person’ test for landlords tightened up.
Unveiling the plans, which will apply to England, Housing and Planning Minister Gavin Barwell... read more
- 16:45 Top ten things to do this weekend
- 16:44 Roaming downtime hits customers on Three in Europe
- 16:43 Charities boosted by £2,000 Lifeways gift
- 16:43 Robber jailed after tearing earrings from pensioner in street
- 16:43 Horror as truck 'ploughs into crowd of pedestrians' in Barcelona
- 16:42 William Carvalho to West Ham: Slaven Bilic offers update on £40m move
- 16:42 West Brom in talks with Tottenham over £15m deal for Kevin Wimmer -...
- 16:42 Motorcyclist killed in crash with lorry in Aberdeenshire
- 16:41 Student gets two A* grades and an A despite losing all her school...
- 16:40 Gynecologist admits he would never allow his wife to have a vaginal...
- 16:40 Girls who opt out of having the controversial HPV vaccine are being...
- 16:40 Rare Cardiff cinema posters found under carpet for sale
- 16:40 St Mary's Church, Llanfair Kilgeddin, targeted by thieves
- 16:39 Extra police deployed for Carlisle United - Sunderland cup tie
- 16:39 India's independence celebrated in Cumbria with dance special
- 16:38 Look what they've done to much loved desi pub Hen and Chickens in...
- 16:38 A Level results: Helsby High students achieve another bumper crop...
- 16:38 Lache man was FIFTY times over drug drive limit
- 16:38 LISTEN: Harry Redknapp's downbeat Birmingham City transfer update
- 16:38 A-level students can get free dough balls at Pizza Express for...
- 16:38 Asda is launching a unicorn-themed homeware range and you're going...
- 16:37 Clearing 2017 guide for Grimsby, Hull and Lincoln universities
- 16:37 Scotland-only folic acid plan ruled out
- 16:36 Hundreds descend on sleepy middle class town for woodland sex...
- 16:35 Bryan Robson slams Manchester United for selling Jonny Evans to...
- 16:35 Victoria Azarenka could MISS US Open because of divorce...
- 16:35 How Everton FC have outspent Liverpool FC for the first time in...
- 16:35 The Odyssey review: A handsome biography of Jacques Cousteau
- 16:34 You can now take a mock driving test using this new app
- 16:33 'No crime committed' say police after burn claims at outstanding...