Lancaster widow brings out her late husband’s book
Robin Daniels spent 20 years writing his life’s work but then died before completing it.
So his widow Katherine finished her late husband’s book and the result has just been published.
‘The Virgin Eye: Towards A Contemplative View of Life’ has been described as a “treasure” by TV art critic and nun Sister Wendy Beckett, who wrote the foreword.
Robin, a psychotherapist who lived in Lancaster, died suddenly of bronchopneumonia in 2012.
For two decades he counselled individuals and couples, while himself leading a disciplined, religious and solitary life, and wrote about the techniques he... read more
- 13:57 Boy, 15, arrested over murder of Sheffield teenager
- 13:57 It could all be so simple … why did Lauryn Hill disappear?
- 13:57 Fans left with 'invalid' tickets in Ed Sheeran anti-tout scheme
- 13:57 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 13:55 Kickboxing star who spars with Tyson Fury claims Gypsy King would...
- 13:54 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 13:53 Bosses blame bad winter weather for delay in opening Sunderland's...
- 13:50 Lakeland Dialect Society to hold church service
- 13:49 Father's warning after daughter cuts her arm on broken glass on...
- 13:47 Ptich perfect boost for Preston youth football club
- 13:47 Emergency incident blocks all railway lines between Meadowhall and...
- 13:46 Saudi Arabia arrests key activist in human rights crackdown
- 13:46 Woman who posted Holocaust denial songs to YouTube convicted
- 13:46 Timely questions
- 13:46 Arts ahead
- 13:46 How £12,000 purchase has helped academics assemble world’s most...
- 13:46 Wellesbourne Ladies finish as region’s best in Super Sunday tournament
- 13:44 10 of the most luxurious boutique hotels in Yorkshire for a...
- 13:41 The four gadgets you need to protect your car: Motorists flock to...
- 13:40 Travellers cause devastation after trashing youth football club site
- 13:39 Emergency incident blocks all railway lines between Meadowhall and...
- 13:39 UK's council planners overworked, underpaid and abused, experts say
- 13:39 Constable and Turner landscapes reunited for first time since 1831
- 13:39 Man ‘assaulted girlfriend after “forcibly tickling” her’
- 13:38 'Not safe, not effective, not well led': Mental health services...
- 13:38 10 of the most luxurious boutique hotels in Yorkshire for a...
- 13:37 Stop and search could be stepped up in Sheffield after second...
- 13:36 Champions League final: Mohamed Salah among the five fastest...
- 13:35 New study of life on Britain's most northerly island to inspire...
- 13:35 Harvey Weinstein charged with rape