Lancaster flypast heralds start of work on £3.8m Bomber Command centre
A fly-past by a Lancaster bomber has heralded the start of work on the next phase of the International Bomber Command Centre in Lincoln.
Dignitaries, representatives of Lincolnshire Bomber Command Memorial Trust and veterans gathered for a turf cutting ceremony to mark the start of work on the £3.8m Chadwick Centre building.
The new building will host exhibitions, community and education programmes and a digital archive and £3m has already been raised over five years from the Heritage Lottery Funding for the attractions but is still fundraising to construct the actual building.
READ MORE:... read more
- 16:47 Which Chelsea player nabbed Lionel Messi’s shirt after...
- 16:47 Staffordshire Police issue warning over flight ticket fraud
- 16:47 KFC in Burton REOPENS as chicken shortage eases
- 16:47 Ashbourne main road closed due to police incident
- 16:47 Unforgotten season 3 release date, cast, trailer, plot: When is the...
- 16:47 Heavy drinking is linked to high risk of getting dementia before...
- 16:47 The incredible Spotify scam that created a millionaire: Bulgarian...
- 16:47 Strong winds force SpaceX to delay the launch of the first of...
- 16:46 Class A drugs worth half-a-million pounds and more than £250k...
- 16:46 Ebooks are not 'stupid' – they're a revolution
- 16:46 When real-life protest imitates art – from Three Billboards to...
- 16:46 Peak Park woodlands’ care is target of £50,000 appeal
- 16:45 Barrow man to stand trial for alleged threatening behaviour
- 16:45 Sutton gin thieves arrived in search of work
- 16:44 Peak Park woodlands’ care is target of £50,000 appeal
- 16:44 PICTURES: Buxton Opera House’s milestone West Side Story production
- 16:44 Ashbourne main road closed due to police incident
- 16:44 Corrosive chemicals stolen from lorry
- 16:44 St Joseph’s primary stars win Elizabethan Academy debating competition
- 16:44 Fun day and a dip to raise £3k for Barney
- 16:44 The news that's eggs-actly what you want to hear – KFC in Chester...
- 16:44 Sutton gin thieves arrived in search of work
- 16:43 Man’s rare ‘holographic’ python is a shimmering beauty (unless you...
- 16:42 Peak Park woodlands’ care is target of £50,000 appeal
- 16:42 Nurse from Sleaford area convicted of stealing morphine from...
- 16:42 Sutton gin thieves arrived in search of work
- 16:41 Brentford fans react to that 5-0 victory - and there's not much...
- 16:41 Man accused of driving in Egerton Court while three times the legal...
- 16:41 New green energy deal to help ease fuel poverty
- 16:41 Berwickshire gamekeeper receives 10 year ban