Lancashire Police warn over clown antics
31 Have your say Clown around – and you could be arrested for harassment.
That’s the message from police after a rise in the number of calls over the ‘creepy clown’ craze that has swept America – and has now arrived in the UK.
The fad involves people dressing as scary clowns and terrifying children and adults alike.
But after an increase in calls about the issue, Lancashire Police say they will take action if anyone is distressed.
A spokesman for Lancashire Police said: “We are currently receiving an increase in enquiries in relation to information being shared on social media regarding... read more
- 20:35 Cancer centre expansion delay
- 20:28 Capita awarded £500m MoD contract despite 'highest risk rating'
- 20:27 US 'to quit UN human rights council'
- 20:24 Queen Victoria marble portrait saved from export to tune of £1m
- 20:23 Liverpool's most polluted roads revealed
- 20:23 Police keen to speak to group of males on bikes after targeted...
- 20:23 MP vows ‘the Mack will rise again’ after devastating blaze
- 20:22 Man ‘told parents he would kill one and make the survivor...
- 20:21 Woman died after getting stuck in Pennal airing cupboard
- 20:21 Bakewell pudding sent to the edge of space goes missing
- 20:19 Donald Trump author Ann Coulter sparks outrage with 'child actor'...
- 20:19 Club promoter who killed schoolboy with single punch at Greek...
- 20:17 People who drink ‘live longer’ than those who don’t
- 20:16 UK summer barbecues threatened by shortage of carbon dioxide
- 20:15 West Brom reject bid for one striker - and continue discussions for...
- 20:07 Ex-Hull nightclub boss and luxury yacht designer Arthur Wilder...
- 20:06 Swadlincote man avoids immediate jail sentence after threats made...
- 20:06 Pregnant pause on baby leave proxy vote vexes MPs
- 20:04 Judge tells Workington man he will face prison
- 20:01 Donald Trump hugs American flag as he vows to launch new military...
- 20:01 Nick Kyrgios gives verdict on Andy Murray after injury return
- 20:00 Exam board 'sorry' for audio mix-up in French and Spanish A-levels
- 19:57 Arsenal transfer news: How Gunners may line up next season after...
- 19:56 President Donald Trump wants to conquer Mars and dominate space
- 19:53 'If little Villa boy is worth £30m - you are worth £50m' - Wolves...
- 19:52 Hammond 'ordered NHS chief to back health funding plan'
- 19:52 No 10 and rebels stand firm in row over Brexit 'meaningful vote'
- 19:48 OFFICIAL: Bayer Leverkusen confirm Bernd Leno’s transfer move...
- 19:46 Bakers of Lincolnshire... Marie Curie ‘kneads’ your support!
- 19:44 Brexit minister Mike Russell calls for protection of Holyrood consent