Lack of water, broken toilets plague health facilities in Liberia: charity
DAKAR (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - More than two years after the world's worst Ebola outbreak began in West Africa, health facilities in Liberia are struggling to operate due to a lack of running water and functioning toilets, sanitation charity WaterAid said on Friday.
In West Point slum in the capital Monrovia, which was quarantined during the Ebola epidemic, health workers say water shortages and overflowing toilets are putting patients at risk of infection and disease, according to WaterAid.
Nurses have to stop mid-treatment to fetch water and patients are having to relieve themselves... read more
- 06:04 12 people reveal the weirdest things they’ve been asked to do in...
- 06:03 Philip Roth obituary
- 06:03 Kettering school to ban use of mobile phones
- 06:03 Let’s help change Kettering boy Elliot’s life
- 06:03 Customers thanked for ongoing support of annual fundraiser by...
- 06:02 Nicola Sturgeon to launch summer independence offensive
- 06:00 Nabil Fekir to Liverpool: Lyon president speaks out on potential...
- 05:59 The muck and magic of life at a Yorkshire racing stable
- 05:58 Jim Duffy comment: Blockchain resembles the old utility sell-offs
- 05:52 Rangers boss Steven Gerrard targeting FOUR Liverpool stars in...
- 05:48 'We hope children find the person behind the diagnosis'
- 05:48 Ron Cousins: The Bible pages murder still baffling police
- 05:48 Sajid Javid pledges he is 'standing with' police in first speech
- 05:48 Environment Agency warns of serious water deficits for England
- 05:44 Has Unai Emery just confirmed HIMSELF as Arsenal manager?
- 05:44 Arsenal incoming coach Unai Emery to make TWO stars key players in...
- 05:23 Plans for £100m Nobel Centre blocked by Swedish court
- 05:23 Stacey Abrams becomes first black female nominee for governor
- 05:23 Illegal online sales of endangered wildlife rife in Europe
- 05:02 Philip Roth: Portnoy's Complaint and American Pastoral author dies...
- 04:56 Kolkata Knight Riders v Rajasthan Royals IPL betting preview: Can...
- 04:52 Lake Eyre: yachts set sail as floodwaters end two-month journey
- 04:50 Author Philip Roth dies aged 85
- 04:41 Why former Rangers boss and football hardman Graeme Souness turned...
- 04:19 A dog which attacked a man in the street has been spared from being...
- 04:13 Weekend lie-ins could help you avoid an early death, study says
- 03:42 Undercover with badger baiters as network infiltrated
- 03:19 Portrait exhibition at Oxford showcases university's diversity
- 03:08 Judge spares Northampton man who attacked neighbour with baseball...
- 03:08 Otago University seizes and destroys copies of student magazine...