Lack of data on sexual rights leaves millions of girls 'invisible' - report
LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Millions of girls are left "invisible" because of a lack of data, a children's charity said on Monday, and the absence of accurate statistics on issues such as sexual violence means policymakers cannot draw up effective plans to help them.
There is no data that fully captures the daily realities of girls in poor communities, Plan International said in a report, including why girls drop out of school or how many become pregnant because of sexual violence.
"We do count how many girls start school, but we actually don't count how many girls... read more
- 14:11 Pictures show the scale of damage caused to a barber shop after an...
- 14:11 EIB asks French diesel inquiry to probe Renault's use of loans
- 14:11 Planning applications: Plans for alterations to the Dusty Miller
- 14:10 Shamed police inspector found with £700k of drugs 'a disgrace to...
- 14:10 Nominate a first aid hero
- 14:10 More ‘smart motorway’ work to begin next week
- 14:10 Watch Miss Leicestershire contestants put through their paces
- 14:09 Brexit 'could damage UK's ability to fight corruption'
- 14:09 Signaller on TV railway series – and Grantham’s bridge strikes get...
- 14:08 BREAKING: Police investigate death of baby
- 14:08 Wall St opens higher; healthcare bill vote awaited
- 14:07 Chelsea News: Nemanja Matic the reason for Premier League success –...
- 14:07 Jordan Henderson: I was told on phone a move to Liverpool had been...
- 14:07 Karen completes charity challenge to swim length of English Channel...
- 14:07 Get a FREE Domino's pizza this weekend with this simple trick
- 14:07 CCTV camera near scene of St Ann's knife attack had been removed...
- 14:06 Duo travel back in time to take on a 120-mile canal stroll!
- 14:06 Morecambe singer’s charity to use power of music
- 14:06 Tesco to cut petrol and diesel prices by 2p ahead of Mother’s Day
- 14:06 Falcons’ feathers will boost BAE jets
- 14:05 Grimsby Town boss Bignot on latest links to Lambs favourite
- 14:05 Polesworth man takes on epic journey across country for Herald...
- 14:04 Deadline for voter registration is near for Deepings and Bourne
- 14:04 New survey on youth mental health services in Lincolnshire
- 14:04 New team to prevent employee shortages
- 14:04 Apprentices dig in to help Northumberland schools
- 14:04 Warwick school pupils’ have hi-tech way to answer questions in...
- 14:04 Senior Cup Final to be staged at St James’ Park
- 14:04 New-look Costcutter store opens in Kirton
- 14:04 Free tuition in Scotland to be extended for EU students, Swinney says