Labour slams lack of detail in Brexit plans
May vows to trigger article 50 by next March
by Our News Desk
THERESA MAY announced a “Great Repeal Bill” yesterday which would take Britain out of the European Union — but Labour said that what Brexit would mean in practice was no clearer than before.
The Prime Minister, speaking on the Andrew Marr Show and later at the Conservative Party conference in Birmingham, said she would trigger article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, formally starting the exit negotiations, in the first three months of 2017.
Her Great Repeal Bill would ditch the 1972 European Communities Act which stipulates that all EU... read more
- 09:55 How to recover after being made redundant
- 09:55 Using a McDonalds drive thru could land you a £1,000 FINE and a...
- 09:55 Maiden flight of China-built amphibious aircraft set for May
- 09:55 Vietnam labels Taiwan drills on disputed island 'serious violation'
- 09:55 Former Aston Villa target is primed for a promotion push
- 09:55 Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez, Man United talisman Zlatan...
- 09:55 Arsene Wenger 'clear in his mind' about his Arsenal future as...
- 09:55 Idyllic Derbyshire village earmarked for even more housing
- 09:54 Holbeach mum launch £180,000 fundraising effort to improve town parks
- 09:54 Twenty-two new homes plan for Law’s Yard in Spalding
- 09:54 7 arrested by police in drugs raid on the East Marsh
- 09:54 Master’s 40 years with the hallmark of quality
- 09:53 Neil Lennon insists he is innocent after bitter bust-up with Morton...
- 09:52 Russell Brand makes his return to live radio after 8 years with...
- 09:52 Charlotte Crosby explains marks on her face during romantic trip to...
- 09:52 Russell Crowe fires back at body shamer Howard Stern and we salute him
- 09:52 Sky Blues at Wembley: All the latest news and build-up as Coventry...
- 09:52 Jose Mourinho eyes Andrea Belotti if Manchester United move for...
- 09:52 Paul Scholes: This is where Man United will finish under Jose Mourinho
- 09:52 Fantasy Football Tips: The best captain options assessed for...
- 09:52 Arsene Wenger admits his Arsenal future is not completely sorted
- 09:52 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 09:51 Youngsters hit the target with James Bond style celebration
- 09:51 Warwick School crowned NatWest Schools Cup champions
- 09:51 Why buying these five everyday items at supermarkets is a bad idea
- 09:51 Former Olympic velodrome re-opens for 125th anniversary
- 09:50 Head to step aside to concentrate on opening new school
- 09:50 Allison’s charity zipline challenge
- 09:50 Festival of wool crafts
- 09:50 Join Oscar in space