Labour seeks unity against extremists
Labour candidate Tracy Brabin is hoping Conservative and Liberal Democrat supporters back her in the Batley and Spen by-election to show unity against extreme groups.
The Tories and Lib Dems will not field candidates in the by-election, which was triggered by the death of Jo Cox in June, but far-right parties are expected to stand.
Ms Brabin is a near-certainty to win the safe Labour seat, but she is hoping for a strong turnout on October 20 and an “overwhelming” victory.
Ms Brabin, best known to many for her TV acting roles in Coronation Street and Emmerdale, said: “The big emphasis is... read more
- 16:32 Manchester United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in FIFA 18...
- 16:32 Europa League, LIVE scores: Latest updates from Zenit vs Celtic and...
- 16:32 Meridale Centre in Sutton on Sea gets £1,000 boost
- 16:32 High Tides - February 23 to March 2
- 16:32 New images released of Birmingham landmark restoration
- 16:32 Hyde Park passengers plan Leeds bus station protest over...
- 16:32 Coronation Street spoilers: Tyrone gets big surprise as major...
- 16:31 Boy, 2, killed in 'hit-and-run' in Coventry
- 16:30 PREVIEW: Premier League and Carabao Cup final
- 16:29 Air ambulance at scene of crash as both lanes of A1 closed
- 16:29 Man Utd warned Real Madrid won’t give up David de Gea chase
- 16:29 Boy, 2, dies in ‘hit-and-run’ crash in Coventry
- 16:29 COUNTY COUNCIL BUDGET: 'We have an elite few, and a mass of people...
- 16:28 Invite to meet reporters in comfort of Cast cafe drop-in
- 16:28 Man Utd ace Scott McTominay makes Jose Mourinho claim after shock...
- 16:28 Real Madrid news: Marco Asensio sets 30-day deadline amid Man Utd,...
- 16:28 Can anyone give them a home?
- 16:28 Roger Federer: Rafael Nadal has cracked secret to beating Swiss...
- 16:27 Eddie Van Hoof sacked as men’s head coach at British Gymnastics
- 16:27 Bid to save Melton children’s centres from closure is blocked
- 16:26 New operator takes charge of popular Carlisle golf course
- 16:26 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:26 When does the old £10 note go out of circulation?
- 16:26 Murder accused told prison inmate he killed Sheffield man over £10k...
- 16:26 Call for FOUR fast trains an hour between Sheffield and Manchester
- 16:25 VIDEO: Hundreds of African children to get shoes thanks to Banbury...
- 16:24 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:24 One child killed in Coventry hit-and-run: What we know so far
- 16:24 Family of fallen soldier left devastated after sentimental items...
- 16:24 The cost of your TV licence is going up - here's what you need to know