Labour’s vision for the health service
To reverse the damage to our NHS, it must be properly funded as a publicly owned service, says DIANE ABBOTT
AT party conference this week, the NEC agreed 10 pledges on what Labour stands for, setting out the framework for what it will campaign for and what a Labour government will do.
As shadow secretary of state for health, I very much welcome the pledge on the NHS and social care.
In stating that “we will end health service privatisation and bring services into a secure, publicly provided NHS. We will integrate the NHS and social care for older and disabled people, funding dignity across... read more
- 09:33 Five things we learned: Preston North End 0-1 Ipswich Town
- 09:32 Prolific Newcastle bar burglar jailed once again for stealing from...
- 09:32 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 09:31 'Potential killer' crashes into roundabout
- 09:30 Scotland’s style awards set to return to Glasgow
- 09:29 Hedgehog numbers have halved in the countryside
- 09:29 EastEnders spoilers: Jay Mitchell is viciously attacked by drug...
- 09:28 PT says her body will ‘never be the same again’ after giving birth
- 09:26 'It’s an act of war’ North Korea condemns US sanctions – warns...
- 09:26 Manager latest: Lee Clark in attendance as Hartlepool United's...
- 09:23 Dated 1930s house makes way for sensational self-build
- 09:23 Police continue crackdown on 'boy racers' at Chesterfield supermarket
- 09:21 These hidden driving licence codes could land you with a huge fine
- 09:18 Workington man who stole nine packs of gammon appears in court
- 09:18 Woman swears at judge as she storms out of court
- 09:15 The PNE fans' panel
- 09:14 Glenn Hoddle slams Jose Mourinho: ‘He’s holding Paul Pogba back!’
- 09:13 PSL 2018 Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United LIVE stream: How to...
- 09:13 Roger Federer: Robin Haase finally speaks out after Rotterdam Open...
- 09:13 Real Madrid news: Cristiano Ronaldo green lights transfer as...
- 09:13 Conor McGregor sends message to rivals ahead of UFC return: Come...
- 09:13 Barrow port staff urge community to help in Walney beach clean event
- 09:13 Xbox One news: Halo 6 reveal, PUBG update, March Games with Gold...
- 09:12 Manchester United vs Chelsea: Ultimate Premier League era XI ahead...
- 09:11 The best of Naples: readers’ travel tips
- 09:10 Brexit is ‘a bright new chapter’, according to Theresa May
- 09:10 Russia banned from flying national flag at the end of Winter Olympics
- 09:09 Mass deaths of saiga antelope in Kazakhstan caused by bacteria
- 09:09 MP backs new drive to promote social mobility in business
- 09:06 The 10 greatest League Cup finals in history: Can Arsenal vs Man...