Labour's policy on Trident still in question despite shadow defence secretary's claims
Shadow chancellor John McDonnell said the issue was still under review after defence spokesman Clive Lewis asserted that he would not try to "undo" the existing policy supporting the renewal of the nuclear deterrent.
Mr McDonnell and party leader Mr Corbyn are opposed to the nuclear deterrent and the shadow chancellor insisted it remained "open" for debate.
The shadow chancellor's intervention came after a bizarre episode at the Labour Party conference in Liverpool which saw Mr Lewis's speech reportedly amended to water down his position just minutes before he addressed... read more
- 13:42 Search on for best talent in Daventry
- 13:42 Fun and flavour at Althorp Food and Drink Festival
- 13:42 What’s up choc? Warning as bunny falls ill from scoffing sweet treat
- 13:41 Atletico Madrid team-mate opens up on Antoine Griezmann to Man...
- 13:41 Liverpool clear favourites to beat Chelsea and Man United to Real...
- 13:41 Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock jumps into boyfriend Andre...
- 13:41 Coastguard paged to rescue dog
- 13:41 Drone that flies WITHOUT a human pilot has been given permission to...
- 13:41 Just ONE injection of stem cells from a man's stomach could be a...
- 13:41 Syria's Raqqa expected to join Kurdish-led federalism - Kurdish leader
- 13:40 Police 'concerned' over missing Scarborough teen
- 13:40 Millions of energy customers could roll back bills to 2008 prices
- 13:40 Soon babies could get 5 in 1 vaccination from birth
- 13:39 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...
- 13:39 Video: Could you be the right person to help monitor cells at West...
- 13:39 Come and have a dance at the ceilidh
- 13:39 Mum’s the Word
- 13:38 Inquiry launched into 'unsustainable' nuclear decommissioning contract
- 13:38 Notorious Carlisle nuisance back behind bars
- 13:38 ‘I can’t accept it. It’s not right. It should never have happened.’
- 13:38 Volunteers recognised for helping vulnerable young families in Burton
- 13:37 St Joseph's Primary Academy gets colourful for Holi Festival
- 13:37 Potholes nightmare: Is this Harrogate's worst road?
- 13:36 Morrisons and Sainsbury’s latest to cut price of petrol as...
- 13:36 Two Rugby schools set to form multi-academy trust
- 13:36 Heartbroken Sheffield make-up artist's big fundraiser after losing...
- 13:36 Hot Dudes With Dogs is an Instagram account we can all totally get...
- 13:36 Man helped fearsome blackmailer stay on the run from police
- 13:35 Soon babies could get 5 in 1 vaccination from birth
- 13:35 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...