Labour's Lazarus: After breathing life into his beloved Hearts Ian Murray is last man standing for his party in Scotland
IT’S the morning after the nightmare before – but listening to Scottish Labour’s last man standing, you’d never know it.
Ian Murray has seen it all before and knows a thing or two about resurrecting institutions on the verge of extinction.
The lifelong Hearts fan almost single-handedly hauled his beloved club back from the brink, leading a fan-led buy-out of the club as they neared liquidation.
And as Labour’s only remaining MP in Scotland, he may have to do the same for his shattered party.
Just hours after a brutal night when an SNP tide swamped the country, Murray, 38, was already... read more
- 07:45 Historic season at stunning resort venue
- 07:45 Man arrested after leaving scene of car smash
- 07:44 Two-vehicle crash closes Lincolnshire road
- 07:44 Arsenal player confirms permanent transfer to Premier League rivals...
- 07:42 Enjoy great night of music to help raise money to build a disabled...
- 07:42 Lancaster hospital staff are health heroes
- 07:42 Businesses warned of fake £5 notes circulating in the Louth area
- 07:42 SECOND plan for a new primary free school in Scartho area
- 07:42 Heartbroken mum's warning after loss of baby at seven months to...
- 07:42 Chelsea star Diego Costa opens up on top Antonio Conte target: Man...
- 07:42 Man Utd set to meet £43m release clause for Serie A star: Why...
- 07:42 Chelsea midfielder: This manager is one of the best I’ve worked...
- 07:41 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 27
- 07:40 Mess left is astonishing
- 07:40 Chelsea star: This is who I really wanted to join
- 07:40 Cristiano Ronaldo wants big Real Madrid signing: Team-mates...
- 07:40 Disrespectful and shambolic works
- 07:38 Thierry Henry not sure if he’d be ready to replace Arsenal boss...
- 07:38 Madeleine McCann ‘could still be alive – and her kidnapper has...
- 07:35 Everything you need to know about the new £1 coin
- 07:35 ‘I can’t accept it. It’s not right. It should never have happened.’
- 07:35 Fracking firm claims protesters are to blame for speed limit
- 07:34 New £2m Birmingham sculpture to be revealed next month
- 07:34 Aston Villa news digest: Striker linked; Benteke vs Kodjia;...
- 07:34 Birmingham City news digest: Selection conundrums; state of play...
- 07:34 West Brom news digest: Overachieving; Lai loving it; an Olsson...
- 07:34 Bill Jamieson: Can the BoE resist inflation trigger?
- 07:33 Liverpool star agrees bumper £2.2m deal - reports
- 07:33 Arsenal winger confirms he has joined Premier League rival on...
- 07:31 Dyson 'enormously optimistic' about post-Brexit trade