Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn reveals plans to create Scottish National Bank
CORBYNMANIA hit Glasgow last night as Jeremy Corbyn pledged to create a “Scottish National Bank” which would focus primarily upon lending to small and medium-sized businesses.
The move comes as part of a raft of proposals outlined by the UK Labour leader, following yesterday’s shadow cabinet reshuffle, aimed at addressing what he calls the “failed economic models” of the past 30 years, including an end to the youth rate on minimum wage and a commitment to “accelerate a low carbon economy”.
The Labour leader said: “We are proposing a £500 billion investment commitment, which would be a £23... read more
- 15:58 Top 10 things to do in Lancashire at the weekend
- 15:58 Cleethorpes Pier to be transformed into 'world's biggest fish and...
- 15:58 Couple who raised £250,000 for daughter’s rare skin condition face...
- 15:57 Somercotes and Theddlethorpe Academies spread Christmas cheer
- 15:57 Mick Jagger becomes dad for the eighth time aged 73
- 15:55 Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez must reject China transfer, says Lee Dixon
- 15:55 Dad shares his 1-year-old daughter’s amazing reaction to her first...
- 15:54 MPs to travel around UK to hear public's views on immigration
- 15:54 Top 10 things to do in Lancashire at the weekend
- 15:54 Who is Angela Merkel's husband? Meet the Chancellor’s elusive...
- 15:54 Jack Adcock's mum says 'at last there is justice' after doctor...
- 15:51 Do YOU have undiagnosed hypertension? Why clinical tests fail to...
- 15:51 Top 5 WORST celebrity diet trends to avoid in 2017: From teatoxes...
- 15:51 'Dada': Heart-melting video shows twin brothers once conjoined at...
- 15:51 Burnley to welcome Syrian refugee families
- 15:50 Paris makes public transport free to combat pollution
- 15:50 British spies have infiltrated Isis HQ
- 15:50 Homeless men killed in Chinatown blaze turned down help
- 15:50 IMF says retains confidence in Lagarde over French trial
- 15:50 Ruben Loftus-Cheek: Why this Chelsea star is so important despite...
- 15:50 Teenager threatened with machete
- 15:48 French taxpayers face huge nuclear bill as EDF financial crisis...
- 15:47 New self-service McDonald’s
- 15:47 Top 10 things to do in Lancashire at the weekend
- 15:46 Dance club take to rugby pitch
- 15:46 Man caught speeding and another who drove without insurance are...
- 15:46 Burnley to welcome Syrian refugee families
- 15:46 New self-service McDonald’s
- 15:46 Watch: Derby's Rolls-Royce celebrates as latest engine takes to skies
- 15:45 YOUR SAY: Where would you make cuts to Derbyshire County Council’s...