Labour launches inquiry into effect of ROBOTS in the workplace
Labour is to launch an inquiry into the impact robots and other forms of automation will have in the workplace.
It follows warnings from some experts that increased automation could have a revolutionary effect on the economy - and wipe out huge numbers of jobs.
While robots have been used in factories to replace some workers, improvements in technology mean traditionally middle-class jobs such as those in the legal profession may also be at risk in the future.
Labour’s Deputy Leader Tom Watson, MP for West Bromwich East, will tell the Labour conference in Liverpool that he is setting up a... read more
- 14:51 ‘Irritated’ dad denies murder
- 14:51 Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United and Manchester City go...
- 14:51 Meningitis: 10 warning signs students should look out
- 14:50 For British bank start-up, Brexit has silver lining - more loans
- 14:50 EU proposes common tax rules to close avoidance loopholes
- 14:50 Michael Gove admits Tory leadership 'mistakes'
- 14:50 Pioneering treatment offers new hope for Sunderland schoolboy Pascal
- 14:50 Euro 2016 and Premier League hat-tricks - What has happened to some...
- 14:49 Two Muslim preachers arrested at Ibizan party haven accused of...
- 14:49 MIGRANT CRISIS: Death toll in Mediterranean surpasses 3,700 this year
- 14:48 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:48 A day for democracy
- 14:48 Artist’s work helps Lancashire hospice
- 14:47 CCTV catches thieves taking beer from garage
- 14:47 Handbag snatched from car as woman waited at traffic lights
- 14:47 More love than hate? Marmite sales rocket after ‘Brexit’ row
- 14:46 Drunk brandished knife after row in pub
- 14:46 Nissan-Renault says open to partnerships to develop new car...
- 14:46 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:46 BlackBerry launches its third Android-based phone
- 14:46 Appeal for information on two asbestos fly tips
- 14:46 Watch as ceilidh cops jig in the street with Stornoway Mod revellers
- 14:46 Block paving set to go in Town centre!
- 14:46 New Northern Rail trains: This is what Teesside's trains could look...
- 14:46 This woman has spent over £20,000 to look like Barbie
- 14:45 Hull City club secretary Matt Wild resigns - and will join...
- 14:45 Man Booker 2016 winner to be announced
- 14:45 Chelsea star Pedro reveals Barcelona talks and why summer move...
- 14:45 Pep Guardiola expecting Man United backlash: This is why Jose...
- 14:43 Biker seriously hurt in crash