Labour criticised for failing to deal with anti-Semitic abuse
Jeremy Corbyn has failed to provide “consistent leadership” in tackling anti-Semitic abuse within the Labour ranks, a damning report by MPs has concluded.
The Home Affairs Select Committee questioned whether Corbyn “fully appreciates” the nature of post-war anti-Semitism and also criticised the inquiry into the issue by Labour peer Baroness Chakrabarti.
Labour was accused of “incompetence” over its handling of allegations of anti-Semitism against figures including ex-London mayor Ken Livingstone and Jackie Walker, who was recently removed as vice-chairwoman of the Corbyn-supporting Momentum... read more
- 10:01 Natwest bank closure plan criticised
- 10:01 Tear-jerking moment mum and severely disabled son share first dance...
- 10:00 Spanish March inflation drops, feeds into ECB policy debate
- 10:00 VIDEO APPEAL: Missing mum wanted for abduction of two young children
- 09:59 Jo Malone, Nina Ricci and Origins: The best floral beauty gifts for...
- 09:59 Model Vogue Williams on her beauty secrets
- 09:59 Delays as accidents hit A19 and A1
- 09:59 Son of Greggs founder to be jailed for sex attacks on young boys
- 09:59 Quadring to get up to 38 new homes?
- 09:58 Embezzling Peebles accountant
- 09:58 Battle’s place in history to be highlighted
- 09:58 American Airlines pilot dies on Dallas-Albuquerque flight
- 09:58 Travellers set up camp on land off Brigg Road
- 09:57 Carr's Group issues performance warning
- 09:57 Chelsea to target Prem star as Thibaut Courtois replacement:...
- 09:57 Four arrested following knifepoint robbery in Carlisle park
- 09:56 Johnston Press announces £300m pre-tax loss
- 09:56 Laying the foundations of the future
- 09:55 How to recover after being made redundant
- 09:55 Using a McDonalds drive thru could land you a £1,000 FINE and a...
- 09:55 Maiden flight of China-built amphibious aircraft set for May
- 09:55 Vietnam labels Taiwan drills on disputed island 'serious violation'
- 09:55 Former Aston Villa target is primed for a promotion push
- 09:55 Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez, Man United talisman Zlatan...
- 09:55 Arsene Wenger 'clear in his mind' about his Arsenal future as...
- 09:55 Idyllic Derbyshire village earmarked for even more housing
- 09:54 Holbeach mum launch £180,000 fundraising effort to improve town parks
- 09:54 Twenty-two new homes plan for Law’s Yard in Spalding
- 09:54 7 arrested by police in drugs raid on the East Marsh
- 09:54 Master’s 40 years with the hallmark of quality