Labour 'committed' to Trident says defence spokeswoman
Labour remains committed to renewing the Trident nuclear weapons system, new shadow defence secretary Nia Griffith has said.
She told Forces TV she harboured "serious doubts" about it in the past but Labour policy was to back it and that was not likely to change.
Ms Griffith replaced Clive Lewis when Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn reshuffled his shadow cabinet earlier this month.
Mr Lewis's conference speech on Trident was changed at the last moment.
He was believed to have been prevented from committing categorically to Labour renewing the UK's nuclear weapons system by the leader's... read more
- 13:17 Football club broken into again
- 13:16 Transfer News: Chelsea midfielder bid, Liverpool striker swoop, Man...
- 13:15 Ex-partner fined after damaging door in bust-up with pub landlord
- 13:14 Outlander actress Caitriona Balfe joins the Women's March in...
- 13:13 Former Leeds United star makes huge transfer prediction
- 13:13 Jamie Carragher: Liverpool should have made this deal happen two...
- 13:12 Neither fear - nor ignore - your January debt
- 13:12 Poppy Widdison: Daily Mail columnist asks, 'who will save the next...
- 13:12 Is it illegal if someone parks in front of your house?
- 13:11 Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool set to do battle over winger deal:...
- 13:10 Disability support worker ‘beat autistic child and called him a...
- 13:08 Farage CONGRATULATES Trump rioters – for turning EVERYONE against them
- 13:08 Man dies after collision near Solihull Hospital in September 2016
- 13:08 Folk band Fleetwood Cave launch new album and tour
- 13:08 Carlisle care workers hailed as ‘truly remarkable’
- 13:07 Alleged drug find leads to Burton arrests
- 13:07 Brothers thank Burton's Queen's Hospital as Leaside Singers put on...
- 13:07 Burton Albion transfer news: Jamie Ward returns to Nottingham Forest
- 13:06 Should schools ban mobile phones in class?
- 13:04 Turkey's President Erdogan wins power-boosting vote
- 13:03 Charlton explain why match against Scunthorpe was postponed
- 13:02 Dimitri Payet is skilled enough to play for Real Madrid......
- 13:02 Carlos Tevez denies he is the highest paid player in world football...
- 13:02 Arsenal starlet Alex Iwobi can be like Dimitri Payet in few...
- 13:01 Drink-driver was tracked down after leaving reg plate at crash scene
- 13:00 Earlsdon Festival organisers in plea for help to ensure event goes...
- 12:57 Drink-driver was tracked down after leaving reg plate at crash scene
- 12:57 Blast causes deaths in Syrian camp near Jordan border - monitor
- 12:57 Merkel vows to find compromise with U.S. on trade, military spending
- 12:56 Video: Manchester United youngster Andreas Pereira scores...