Labour calls for £500million NHS fund to avoid ANOTHER winter crisis
Theresa May must pour a £500 million winter bailout fund into the NHS to avoid another seasonal crisis which could leave thousands of people waiting more than four hours for emergency care every day, Labour has said.
Shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth said the Prime Minister must not stick her "head in the sand" because a "collapse" on the same scale as last year's winter crisis will lead to 10,000 more people waiting for longer for A&E services.
Hundreds of operations will be cancelled and waiting lists will grow if the NHS is as busy as last winter,... read more
- 02:14 Which? names Richer Sounds and Toolstation as UK's best-rated shops
- 02:08 How the US and Rwanda have fallen out over second-hand clothes
- 02:03 'Spider-Man' of Paris climbs four storeys to rescue dangling boy
- 02:03 Tim Hunt: ‘I’ve been hung out to dry. They haven’t even bothered to...
- 01:56 A war of nerves between Pakistan's military and Sharif
- 01:54 Colombia elections: rightwinger and former guerrilla head for...
- 01:53 'On brand': Helen Dale accused of plagiarising tweets
- 01:26 Mamoudou Gassama: Mali 'spiderman' wows France with Paris child rescue
- 01:22 How do I know if it's going to rain?
- 01:19 Engineering consultancy IKM secures fresh work
- 01:00 WH Smith high street sales fall as spoof books disappoint
- 00:46 Figures reveal art auction gender imbalance
- 00:42 Liverpool star Andy Roberton refuses to blame Mohamed Salah injury...
- 00:41 WH Smith rated UK's worst high street shop by Which? readers
- 00:40 Monica Lewinsky and Stormy Daniels: Political scandals across two eras
- 00:36 Jeremy Hunt vows to tackle gender pay gap in medicine
- 00:36 Boris Johnson launches fresh attack on customs union
- 00:36 BREAKING NEWS: Kirklees Council close sports pitches
- 00:30 Jeremy Hunt vows to tackle gender pay gap in medicine
- 00:29 Sudoku 4071 easy
- 00:25 Britain's 'most scenic' bus route revealed
- 00:15 Dog with seizures costs £30,000 as pet claims hit record
- 00:15 Suez waste company calls for 'pay-as-you-throw' to help recycling
- 00:15 WH Smith voted UK's worst High Street shop in Which? survey
- 00:12 Waddingtons board games archive reveals wacky finds
- 00:12 Food and farming sector makes post-Brexit demands
- 00:05 Review to 'eliminate gender pay gap among doctors'
- 23:53 Manchester United star Eric Bailly sends class message to Liverpool...
- 23:52 Labor increases Newspoll lead over Coalition 52% to 48%
- 23:39 Flash floods close roads in parts of the Midlands