Kurds in Iraq say committed to investigating alleged abuses
The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) in Iraq said on Tuesday it is committed to investigating claims of abuses in areas occupied by both Kurds and Arabs, in response to an Oct. 10 report by Reuters.
The story (www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/mideast-crisis-kurds-land/) detailed the case of a Kurd who said he had occupied a house formerly owned by an Arab family in the town of Zumar, after Kurdish Peshmerga fighters dislodged Islamic State militants from the region.
The report also said that some Arabs had been stopped from returning to their homes in the town near Mosul.
In a... read more
- 12:23 West: No hiding at Saints after disappointing start
- 12:22 Tory MP Nick Boles reveals new cancer fight
- 12:22 Gender pay gap falls to 20-year low of 9.4%
- 12:22 Making money for Macmillan at Kirkby on Bain
- 12:22 Stanks Island revamp set for later next year
- 12:22 Harvest at Bucknall
- 12:21 Police launch appeal to find seven men in connection with trouble...
- 12:21 Alex Iwobi's nerves are holding him back in front of goal, says...
- 12:22 FA invests in new grassroots football project
- 12:21 The huge hack that took down big bits of the internet is ‘easy to...
- 12:21 John Lewis, Oliver Bonas and Very Exclusive: Accessories we want...
- 12:21 England women draw inspiration for Spain win by meeting up with...
- 12:21 You can get flights for £2 – but you have to book today
- 12:21 Nathaniel Chalobah only made his Chelsea debut this season after...
- 12:21 Child car seats recalled over safety fears
- 12:21 Northern Powerhouse 'all but cancelled' say Labour MPs
- 12:21 More trains for Hartlepool’s Christmas shoppers
- 12:20 Doncaster prositute support plan nominated for award
- 12:20 President Obama ridiculed on Snapchat by daughter Sasha
- 12:19 Multi-agency effort to tackle underage drinking in Alnwick
- 12:19 Simulating wildfires through technology
- 12:18 Prisoner goes missing
- 12:18 Wheels come off as Boxing Day pram race gets the push
- 12:18 Lancashire MP in battle against money laundering
- 12:18 Hartlepool United's season and Craig Hignett's reign in numbers
- 12:18 Under the Radar: The Blet Project
- 12:18 Charity takes on new boss
- 12:18 Book review: Autumn, by Ali Smith
- 12:18 Two men fined for fly-tipping
- 12:17 Doncaster prositute support plan nominated for award