Kuba Moczyk death: Boxer's heart donated to help others
A boxer who died after a knockout punch in his first match donated his heart to help others, an inquest has heard.
Jakub Moczyk, 22, better known as Kuba, was knocked out in the third round of his debut fight at the Tower Complex in Great Yarmouth on 19 November.
He died two days later at the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston.
An inquest into his death heard he died from a traumatic head injury. The inquest was opened at Norwich Coroner's Court and adjourned until 3 May 2017.
More on this story and others from Norfolk
Area coroner Yvonne Blake said: "Kuba has donated his heart to help... read more
- 06:33 NOSTALGIA: Pupils take to the streets
- 06:33 Half of us don’t know our neighbours’ names, says poll
- 06:33 Labour hits out over maths failures
- 06:33 TOMY recall children’s toy over injury fears
- 06:32 Two decades after handover, scant love for China among Hong Kong youth
- 06:32 Court-round up: The latest cases from Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court
- 06:31 Arsenal considering Manchester United winger Anthony Martial as...
- 06:31 Paris St-Germain preparing massive £60m bid for Manchester City...
- 06:30 Susan Boyle terrorised by teen neds who threw stones and lit paper...
- 06:30 Actress Sheila Hancock scaled one of Scotland's most remote...
- 06:27 New hospital chairman's mission to create 'outstanding' Nottingham...
- 06:27 Half of us don’t know our neighbours’ names, says poll
- 06:27 TOMY recall children’s toy over injury fears
- 06:27 Military tradition to make comeback at Armed Forces Day in Banbury
- 06:27 Lottery results: National Lottery Lotto, Lotto millionaire raffle...
- 06:27 Bloxham Steam Rally returns bigger than ever
- 06:27 Investigation continues after fight breaks in Branston Road in Burton
- 06:27 Refugees and asylum seekers who fled war-torn countries to Derby...
- 06:27 Could you take adorable Kiwi and Lilly out for walks?
- 06:27 What parents think about the possibility of Littleover Community...
- 06:23 Half of us don’t know our neighbours’ names, says poll
- 06:23 TOMY recall children’s toy over injury fears
- 06:23 Police issue parking reminder after issuing penalty notices around...
- 06:18 BREAKING: 'More than 100 dead' after oil tanker overturns and...
- 06:17 Glastonbury 2017: the best of Saturday's festival action – in pictures
- 06:15 Manchester United player Michael Carrick reacts to Cristiano...
- 06:15 A third of animal owners confess to ‘throwing sickies’ to tend to...
- 06:15 £600k project will reveal local heritage
- 06:14 A third of animal owners confess to ‘throwing sickies’ to tend to...
- 06:14 Hedgehog charity’s concern over mystery ‘fundraiser’ in Louth