Kremlin-backed TV channel cries censorship in UK banking row
Russia accused Britain of political censorship on Monday after a British state-owned bank withdrew its services from Kremlin-backed Russian broadcaster RT.
RT said NatWest, owned by Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS), which is majority-controlled by the British government, had not explained why it was withdrawing its banking services in Britain and accused the bank of attacking freedom of speech.
In a letter published on RT's web site, NatWest said it had decided to withdraw its services after "careful consideration". It did not offer an explanation for what it said was a final... read more
- 12:49 Thug left father-in-law's tongue 'shredded' in brutal hotel attack
- 12:48 Burglars hunted over spate of break-ins across Sheffield
- 12:48 Syria war: 'Dozens killed' in IS reprisals in Qaryatain
- 12:48 Fire rips through former Chester curry house
- 12:45 Sunderland firm’s fundraisers hit the heights for stroke charity
- 12:45 Builder honoured for work on apprenticeships
- 12:45 Sunderland travel insurance firm scoops national award
- 12:45 This is how many cigarettes you can legally have during a shift at...
- 12:44 Wasps v Harlequins: 'Holding out for a hero' and four other...
- 12:44 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Wellingborough theatre for...
- 12:43 UK employees do £30,000-worth of work during lunch breaks
- 12:43 Dad who created prosthetic arm for son now running worldwide trial
- 12:43 Conwy Council faces £200k funding gap as demand for emergency...
- 12:42 Time for cuppa as cafe opens up at Fylde coast library
- 12:42 Pups under threat as Scottish dog shelter issues desperate plea for...
- 12:42 Cops probing shocking East Kilbride sex attack appeal to hooded pair
- 12:41 Jodie Whittaker to have three new assistants when she becomes...
- 12:41 Couple tell of horror after car fire trapped them in their home
- 12:41 Appeal for witnesses after ‘altercation’ in Rugby
- 12:41 Everything you need to know about Leeds Christmas lights switch on...
- 12:41 Dyer dampens talk of Sinfield signing for Hoppers
- 12:41 Maguire booster for PNE
- 12:40 Jason Derulo’s epic Game of Thrones Night King Halloween costume...
- 12:40 Pedro Caixinha back to work at Rangers less than 24 hours after...
- 12:40 New grandstand hailed a winner
- 12:40 UK employees do £30,000-worth of work during lunch breaks
- 12:39 Passenger praises rail staff on-board train that hit and killed man
- 12:39 New grandstand hailed a winner
- 12:39 'I had to go into survival mode' Diver forced to fend of 13ft tiger...
- 12:39 New railcard for 26-30-year-olds revealed but travellers demand...