Kremlin-backed TV channel cries censorship in UK banking row
Russia accused Britain of political censorship on Monday after a British state-owned bank withdrew its services from Kremlin-backed Russian broadcaster RT.
RT said NatWest, owned by Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS), which is majority-controlled by the British government, had not explained why it was withdrawing its banking services in Britain and accused the bank of attacking freedom of speech.
In a letter published on RT's web site, NatWest said it had decided to withdraw its services after "careful consideration". It did not offer an explanation for what it said was a final... read more
- 13:55 Council gives green light to controversial travellers’ site
- 13:55 Strike up the band for the finale of popular concerts
- 13:54 Plans revealed to expand Isle of Axholme primary school
- 13:54 Winner of EuroMillions prize who bought ticket in Doncaster fails...
- 13:53 Susanna Reid in shock as cameraman DESTROYS Good Morning Britain set
- 13:53 Kim Kardashian says armed robbery was meant to happen in first TV...
- 13:53 Tottenham v Arsenal Combined XI: Would any Gunners make it into the...
- 13:51 Lewis Hamilton opens up on ‘painful’ Bahrain defeat ahead of...
- 13:51 Lloyds bucks expectations of post-Brexit dip as first-quarter...
- 13:50 Pendle sex predator jailed for life
- 13:49 Car-free Channel Island in Avis car hire advert 'gaffe'
- 13:49 Dame Judi: I love Tracey Ullman's 'evil Judi' sketches
- 13:48 9 Things that probably happened to you at The Rainbow pub in Digbeth
- 13:48 Here's one player that WILL be leaving Aston Villa this summer
- 13:48 China revises mapping law to bolster territorial claims
- 13:46 The Scots who could be heading for the Premier League
- 13:46 Pendle sex predator jailed for life
- 13:45 Launch of City Living scheme gets underway
- 13:45 Look inside the luxurious houseboats this Nottingham company builds
- 13:45 What is a fidget spinner and where can I buy one in Nottingham?
- 13:45 Barcelona beat Real Madrid to teen sensation: Source reveals deal...
- 13:44 Earthquake recorded in Cumbria
- 13:44 Woman tricked into fleeing UK by dad after he found out she...
- 13:44 Kodi update: Streaming pirated video is as bad as downloading an...
- 13:43 Hunt for masked men who fled scene of ram-raid at Louis Vuitton in...
- 13:43 Vintage tractor sells for £86,000 - that's the same price as a...
- 13:43 What are fidget spinners? The latest toy craze taking over school...
- 13:42 Well-wishers send their love to brave Bradley Lowery
- 13:41 Teenager faces jail for 'plotting to bomb Elton John concert in...
- 13:41 VIDEO: Bright future for Morecambe pub after £250K refurb