Knights follow Harold's trail to Lincoln 950 years after 1066 and all that
Heavily armed warriors on horseback have entered Lincoln through Newport Arch, recreating a scene that could have taken place 950 years ago.
And this time around, the riders and footsoldiers arrived during a peaceful tribute to King Harold's arduous march from York to East Sussex to meet Duke William of Normandy in the battle for England's Crown.
READ MORE: New bus station work could unlock secrets of Medieval Lincoln
Harold had been appointed to succeed the childless Edward the Confessor as the Anglo-Saxon king of England.
But there were rival claims to throne from Duke William II of... read more
- 12:16 Worried Hayley still searching for missing dog
- 12:16 Real Madrid ready to beat Manchester United to top midfielder...
- 12:16 'Please DO block our spaces' - read the heartwarming note left on...
- 12:16 Man injured in crash on Stratford Road in Sparkhill
- 12:16 Manchester United attacker being targeted by Tottenham Hotspur -...
- 12:16 Police warning after bogus HMRC calls scam in Bridlington
- 12:15 ALERTS ISSUED: Impending 'beast' from Russia bears hours of snow...
- 12:14 Ex-rugby star Shane Williams charged with Cardiff affray
- 12:14 Warwickshire County Council to invest £300,000 to tackle homelessness
- 12:14 Anthony Yarde, Daniel Dubois, Zelfa Barrett undercard, TV channel,...
- 12:13 Trump at CPAC: the invasion of the body snatchers is complete
- 12:13 Fresh row over mysterious sickness affecting US diplomats in Cuba
- 12:13 Republicans eye compromise on guns – but most resist assault...
- 12:13 Julian Assange negotiations: Ecuador blames UK as talks break down
- 12:13 Failure of a franchise
- 12:13 Crafts and more for village church funds
- 12:13 Student’s football club walk in memory of grandad
- 12:12 Richard E Grant hospitalised with head wound after being hit with...
- 12:12 ALERTS ISSUED: Impending 'beast' from Russia bears hours of snow...
- 12:12 Government faces taking back route
- 12:12 Indian restaurant in Alnwick set to reopen
- 12:12 Check your numbers! UK EuroMillions ticket wins nearly £78m
- 12:11 Italian election: Chaos on the streets of Italy as riot police...
- 12:11 John Oliver: ‘I’m used to audiences not liking me’
- 12:11 "Halifax is one of England’s best kept secrets"
- 12:11 Brighouse still ‘singled out’ in Calderdale's master housing plan
- 12:10 Royal Wedding: 12 things we can expect to see at Prince Harry and...
- 12:09 Emptihad! Man City trolled for failing to fill eight-seat Soccer...
- 12:09 From the Pennines to the Peaks on foot
- 12:09 Leamington society say debate should be held into future of Newbold...