Kissing does NOT spread Zika, government study confirms
Kissing cannot spread Zika, a government study has confirmed.
The virus lingers in the blood stream and saliva for up to about two weeks after infection, and remains in bodily fluids like semen for months.
While studies have proved the virus can be transmitted sexually, scientists were not sure if casual contact like kissing or sharing a fork could be dangerous.
Now, researchers commissioned by the National Institutes of Health have assured that a kiss is not off-limits to sufferers.
The study was a bid to understand a mysterious case of Zika transmission last year, when an elderly man... read more
- 12:20 BBC announces action to boost staff from BAME backgrounds
- 12:20 'Finchley Park needs levelling' - Furious reaction as man, 45,...
- 12:20 Prince Louis to be baptised on July 9
- 12:20 Teenager robbed at knifepoint in Widnes
- 12:19 Portugal v Morocco LIVE: World Cup updates with Cristiano Ronaldo...
- 12:19 Ford Park group set out to combat litter scourge
- 12:18 12 gauge pump-action shotgun handed into police
- 12:18 Kalidou Koulibaly tells Chelsea fans to expect a ‘very good coach’...
- 12:18 Two seriously injured after two bus smash outside Edinburgh primary...
- 12:17 University includes Nazi quote in email to students
- 12:17 Corby medical centre fined for fly-tipping
- 12:17 Rejuvenated Jimny
- 12:16 Drivers’ incentives to use new coach park
- 12:16 Bookies link Wolves with shock bid for West Brom star
- 12:15 Airport runway closure saw disabled passengers 'trapped on plane'
- 12:15 This new hub will help young people with disabilities find employment
- 12:15 PICS: Football fever lands at Treetops Nursery
- 12:14 Workers shouted 'get out' following chemical leak at Carlsberg in...
- 12:14 Free travel on the Metrolink offered as part of Clean Air Day
- 12:13 Anger at hospital stroke plan
- 12:13 Big Clean campaign continues to inspire tidier south Cumbria
- 12:13 Teen says charity abseil was no let down
- 12:13 Royal fuss kicked up over threats to beloved Bowness cinema
- 12:13 Scotland better represented in the Lords than other parts of the UK
- 12:13 'Catalogue of neglect' slammed by campaigners after second survey...
- 12:12 PNE add games at Cobh Ramblers and Oldham to their pre-season...
- 12:12 Intrepid Whitby wingwalker set to take on daredevil challenge in...
- 12:10 People of west Cumbria will be left with "second class service"...
- 12:10 Pop star Lee Brennan hosting Oasis-themed World Cup party in Carlisle
- 12:08 Saints 'ticking all the boxes' for prop star Franks