Kirkby Lonsdale pensioner in court on attempted murder charge
A pensioner accused of trying to murder his wife at their home in Kirkby Lonsdale Cumbria was unfit to appear at court today, Monday.
Peter Horbury, 80, was due to appear at Preston Crown Court via video link this morning but did not appear at the hearing for medical reasons.
Horbury first appeared at South Cumbria Magistrates’ Court in Barrow on October 28 after he was charged with attempting to murder his 78-year-old wife, Sin Lin Horbury, on October 26.
Horbury, of New Road, Kirkby Lonsdale, has yet to enter a plea. The case is next due to be heard on March 5 at Preston Crown Court.... read more
- 00:29 Defence secretary unveils strategy to protect UK satellites
- 00:27 Drax Power Station says pilot scheme could make it 'carbon negative'
- 00:24 US weighs plans to curb Chinese investment
- 00:24 'I found my call in life at that airport'
- 00:24 UK's clean car goal 'not ambitious enough'
- 00:24 Banking by mobile app 'to overtake online by 2019'
- 00:24 Motability boss's pay 'unacceptable' say MP committees
- 00:23 Pepe's story: How I survived Spanish flu
- 00:20 Blackpool nurse helps reduce A&E visits from a group of ‘frequent...
- 00:18 Health services overloaded despite support pledges, claims report
- 00:14 Sudoku 4065 easy
- 00:14 Minor drug users 'should not be charged'
- 00:06 Blackpool nurse helps reduce A&E visits from a group of ‘frequent...
- 23:45 Debenhams job cuts and store closures likely after disappointing sales
- 23:33 Labor's internal fight over refugee policy heats up with Ged...
- 23:23 Vegas Golden Knights miracle run lives on as they make Stanley Cup...
- 23:20 Patricia Morison, star of Broadway and Hollywood, dies aged 103
- 23:15 Arsenal set to confirm Mikel Arteta as new manager this week
- 23:12 Brendan Rodgers: ‘Trophies are brilliant but there’s a constant...
- 23:12 Paul Gustard’s move to Harlequins may hurt England’s World Cup...
- 23:05 May to pledge millions to AI research assisting early cancer diagnosis
- 23:05 May backs AI research to cut cancer death toll by 22,000 within 15...
- 23:01 Luis Enrique SNUB: Why Arsenal and Chelsea have opted against manager
- 22:57 Ironbridge duck sculpture thrown in river
- 22:56 Wildfire spreads across Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh
- 22:52 Boris Johnson: we want a deal with the EU, not a customs backstop
- 22:52 Arrests over grenade attack on Salford house
- 22:51 JEREMY CROSS COLUMN: Jordan Henderson can become legend, Arteta,...
- 22:48 Manchester United squad ‘bemused’ by Jose Mourinho’s decision to...
- 22:45 Artificial intelligence can be weapon in cancer fight, PM to say