Kirkby could be in line for a new swimming pool - council set to spend £28,500 on a feasibility study
Ashfield District Council is looking to spend a further £28,000 on a feasibility study for a new leisure facility in Kirkby, which could include a new swimming pool for the area.
More than 700 people responded to a public consultation in August on the future transformation of the leisure services in the Ashfield district as the cash-strapped authority looks to cut costs.
A swimming pool was highest on the list of priorities if a new facility could be provided to replace Kirkby’s ageing Festival Hall.
Ashfield District Council appointed specialist Leisure Consultants FMG Consulting Ltd to... read more
- 18:14 Carer saw man with TV similar to item stolen from Norma Bell
- 18:13 Bayern Munich earmark Chelsea target Marco Verratti as replacement...
- 18:12 Ireland reports 'mad cow' case, says no risk to health
- 18:12 Trump to take handful of executive actions on Day One - transition
- 18:11 More than 400 jobs to go at Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank
- 18:11 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:10 Teenager charged after youngster stabbed at Swedish 'no-go zone'...
- 18:10 ‘Robert Mugabe to die on October 17 2017’ Zimbabwean priest...
- 18:10 'Muslims should not wear burka in public’, says Australian Premier...
- 18:10 Rape-proof knickers created in wake of Cologne sex attacks SELL OUT...
- 18:10 Done Deal: Chelsea striker makes switch away from Stamford Bridge
- 18:09 WATCH: Stunning starlings put on a show in Derbyshire
- 18:09 Latest court results from the Ilkeston area
- 18:09 Woman hurt after car crashes into a hedge
- 18:09 Friends of St Cross make dream start to sleep fundraiser
- 18:08 Meet the four-legged new arrivals set to keep North East nature...
- 18:08 Dad who broke his back in seven places after horror motorbike crash...
- 18:08 Holocaust to be marked with a series of events across the North East
- 18:08 Theresa May accused of betraying the North East over total Brexit plan
- 18:08 Global temperature hits record high for third year in a row
- 18:07 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:07 Wall St. flat as tech gains counter weakness in retailers
- 18:06 Shell bolsters offshore wind interests with bid in U.S. tender
- 18:05 Jobs go as Huddersfield sandwich company folds
- 18:05 You can now attend a fitness class where humans have to exercise...
- 18:05 Gabon 1-1 Burkina Faso: Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang hits penalty to...
- 18:05 Patrick Bamford seals return to Middlesbrough as Chelsea make £8.5m...
- 18:05 FIA give approval for sale for Formula One to Liberty Media as...
- 18:05 Plymouth v Liverpool FA Cup LIVE: Plus Newcastle v Birmingham and...
- 18:04 Hedderman happy to win ugly against Enville