Killer still has long wait for freedom
0 Have your say A notorious killer will not be completely free until January 2018 at the earliest, his victim’s mother today revealed.
Marie McCourt said she was taking “some comfort” from the surprise discovery after recently suffering the devastating blow of daughter Helen’s murderer Ian Simms’s winning a move to an open prison.
The Parole Board recommendation was backed by the Ministry of Justice last month despite 11th hour protestations and the delivery of a 300,000-name “Helen’s Law” petition begging the Government not to allow murderers free if they have not first revealed the... read more
- 13:29 SNP axes key oil and gas industry measure
- 13:28 Chester-born Daniel Craig to be a father again at 50
- 13:28 Are you ready to rock?
- 13:28 Record Store Day: where to celebrate and pick up exclusive vinyl...
- 13:27 Passengers angry after new Melton bus service cuts announced
- 13:27 County councillor backs verge plan
- 13:27 Watch dangerous driver race through streets of Rugby
- 13:26 From seagulls to Bardot tops: this week’s fashion trends
- 13:26 What I wore this week: the new day dress
- 13:25 City Tastes & Tipples: Quality Qubana is banking on a bright future
- 13:25 Man sought by Cumbria Police in connection with arson attack on car
- 13:24 City Tastes & Tipples: Quality Qubana is banking on a bright future
- 13:23 VIDEO: CCTV footage shows group steal two motorbikes
- 13:22 PSG 'suspicious' of star man Neymar planning summer exit with Real...
- 13:22 Premier League's quickest players revealed... Mo Salah only ranks...
- 13:22 Man arrested over stabbing in Sheffield house
- 13:20 This many motorists think that breaking the speed limits is acceptable
- 13:20 Fylde coast woman in ‘constant discomfort’ Commons hears during...
- 13:18 American Apparel returns as an 'inclusive' online retailer
- 13:17 Co-op praises police for work in jailing ATM explosion gang who...
- 13:16 Friends make plans for gala celebrations
- 13:16 Charles 'to be next Commonwealth head'
- 13:15 Can you break a car window if a child is locked inside on a hot day?
- 13:14 Rachel Weisz reveals she's pregnant at 48 as star confirms she's...
- 13:13 Chester FC fans' jury: Board has 'critical choice' to make over new...
- 13:13 How cyclists plan to remember Leicester man who was murdered by...
- 13:12 It’s a Pockout teams appeal by Lions Club
- 13:12 London Marathon using recyclable cups to cut plastic waste
- 13:11 How to enter the Great Birmingham 10k run 2018
- 13:11 New craft beer bar Kilder opens in Digbeth