Killer crown craze: Surge in scared Birmingham children calling Childline
As the 'killer clown craze' sweeps the country, Childline is reporting a rise in the number of calls from scared youngsters.
The sinister phenomenon - which has stretched across the West Midlands region, from Shard End to Small Heath - has led to dozens of frightened children phoning for reassurance, according to charity chiefs.
Childline in Hagley Road, Edgbaston, has been contacted 26 times by children worried about harassment by ‘creepy clowns’ in the past week.
The hoax craze in the US took off in August after police in the state of South Carolina received a number of reports that... read more
- 00:21 Everton star Ashley Williams demands teammates show some fight for...
- 00:21 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho: I am a victim of my past success -...
- 00:21 Liverpool not 500 miles away from Manchester City - Jurgen Klopp
- 00:21 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger sends stark warning to Mesut Ozil after...
- 00:21 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte: I must be a magician - I saw these...
- 00:20 Brigitte Macron dons tight LEATHER trousers as she takes dog Nemo...
- 00:20 Melania Trump stuns in baby pink as Kirstjen Nielsen appointed head...
- 00:19 Edinburgh aim to bring Krasny Yar back down to earth in Moscow
- 00:19 Hogg fitter, stronger and faster for Warriors return
- 00:18 Venezuela crisis: Retirements ruined and families pulled apart
- 00:18 Megan McKenna ‘quits Towie’ in shock move amidst Pete Wicks...
- 00:17 NBA LIVE scores: All the latest from Cavaliers, Celtics, Warriors...
- 00:17 Cavaliers vs Bucks LIVE stream: How to watch LeBron James and Greek...
- 00:16 The Champions League 'Battle of Britain' between Rangers and Leeds...
- 00:16 Golf's crazy money: From Tiger Woods' $1.4bn career to Rory...
- 00:13 Thrilling audiovisual Antarctic adventure
- 00:13 Happy birthday to the 1917 revolution, and me
- 00:13 Capital ring master
- 00:13 Everton on the brink of collapse as players lose their cool in loss
- 00:13 England get to flex their muscles in dominant win
- 00:13 Clarke feared losing his job over equality
- 00:13 ‘National strength and international influence’
- 00:13 Four decades of economic denial delusion and lies
- 00:13 The NHS winter crisis is coming
- 00:13 Tory disarray on Europe
- 00:13 Peasants to strike over inaction on land distribution
- 00:13 Baghdad forces and Kurds exchange fire
- 00:13 Mud insists on full audit of elections
- 00:13 Thousands to stage peace for Catalonia demo in London
- 00:13 Oxbridge accused of ‘social apartheid’