'Killer clown' knifeman threatens two girls in Bury St Edmunds
The incident took place on Durham Close, Bury St Edmunds, at around 6.25pm on Saturday, Suffolk Police said.
Two teenage girls were approached by a man dressed as a clown holding what was described as a machete.
The man ran towards the pair saying he was going to harm them, and the girls then ran off in the direction of Severn Road.
Police said the girls were not injured but were very upset and shaken by the incident.
Officers including firearm and dog units arrived on the scene within five minutes of the report being made and scoured the streets, woodland and industrial estate for the... read more
- 04:13 Weekend lie-ins could help you avoid an early death, study says
- 03:42 Undercover with badger baiters as network infiltrated
- 03:19 Portrait exhibition at Oxford showcases university's diversity
- 03:08 Judge spares Northampton man who attacked neighbour with baseball...
- 03:08 Otago University seizes and destroys copies of student magazine...
- 03:07 Gavin Grimm trans bathroom lawsuit backed by federal judge
- 02:47 Four in 10 Americans can't cover a $400 emergency expense, Fed finds
- 02:45 Prehistoric women's arms 'stronger than those of today's elite rowers'
- 02:42 Oxford college to launch scholarship in attempt to address slavery...
- 02:30 Vase that 'we didn't like too much' is worth small fortune
- 02:30 Archbishop Philip Wilson to step down after sex abuse cover-up
- 02:25 Tesco to shed up to 1,700 jobs in new management shake-up
- 02:22 Archbishop Philip Wilson stands aside after child sexual abuse...
- 02:16 Trump may extend UK visit to play golf in Scotland
- 02:13 The new Royal Yacht Britannia – a £100m begging bowl?
- 02:08 Brexit: Hammond rejects business calls for customs union
- 02:05 Mexico: brazen daylight shootout turns Guadalajara into war zone
- 02:01 Wayne Bennett to consider another club if Broncos replace him
- 01:53 Can English remain the 'world's favourite' language?
- 01:53 David Lammy: 'Hate mail won't scare or silence me'
- 01:53 London Ambulance Service taken out of special measures
- 01:53 Call for greater oversight of recommendations of public inquiries
- 01:50 Lauren Goodger appears to make thinly-veiled dig at former TOWIE...
- 01:46 Colombia conflict: Swapping the battlefield for the football pitch
- 01:36 Manchester united in love as city turns out to remember 22 victims...
- 01:34 Australia free trade deal talks to push for greater access to EU's...
- 01:31 UB40's Ali Campbell: 'We're still cool'
- 01:08 Are sweeteners healthier than sugar?
- 01:06 Stephanie Davis' return to Hollyoaks: Actress reads her new script...
- 01:06 Love Island bosses 'ban cigarettes in the villa and garden for 2018...