Kieran McGrath shooting: The killers undone by technology
The case of a gang who used a tracking device to help them hunt down a man and shoot him dead has finally reached its conclusion. As the last member of the group is sentenced to life for the murder of Kieran McGrath, BBC News reveals how the technology used by the killers was to prove their undoing.
On the evening of 4 October 2014, Mr McGrath was getting in to his car outside the Sheldon Arms when four shots were fired at him, one of which hit him in the back.
Despite this he managed to speed off, making his attackers think he had escaped unharmed, but the 26-year-old had been mortally... read more
- 09:20 Burglars targeting two Sheffield suburbs in crime wave
- 09:20 Mobile phone snatched from delivery company
- 09:20 New car park opens in Crowle as part of regeneration plans
- 09:20 Neighbours star Little aims for large panto success at Palace Theatre
- 09:19 Work on £52,000 skate park nearing completion
- 09:19 South Yorkshire blinded military hero makes second attempt to reach...
- 09:19 Rangers prodigy Billy Gilmour a summer target for Chelsea - but...
- 09:19 VOTE: Have PNE left themselves with too much to do?
- 09:18 ‘Thousands of pupils at risk’ over lack of proper school health plan
- 09:18 Meet Nottingham lawyer whose brother-in-law Nick Wright scored one...
- 09:18 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:17 Richard Branson makes THIS shocking Dragon's Den confession
- 09:17 WEATHER ALERT: Beware foggy conditions
- 09:17 AA full-year core profit steady, new business up
- 09:17 Fears Brits could lose £1.1bn in spare change by forgetting to swap...
- 09:17 Coventry City and Charlton Athletic fans to team up for joint...
- 09:17 Elderly man taken to hospital after fire at Norman Hudson Care Home...
- 09:17 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:16 South Yorkshire residents could no longer get access to...
- 09:16 New Zealand coach issues injury update on Leeds star Chris Wood,...
- 09:16 Chelsea transfer decision to be made in next fortnight, steep fee...
- 09:15 Cumbrian family take brain tumour campaign to Westminster
- 09:15 POLL: If the EU referendum was held again today, how would you vote?
- 09:14 Berlin airport ground staff agree pay deal after strikes - union
- 09:13 Cheshire West and Chester Fairtrade Fortnight is a big hit with...
- 09:13 ‘Thousands of pupils at risk’ over lack of proper school health plan
- 09:13 Nick Clegg accuses Government of ‘clipping Parliament’s wings’ with...
- 09:12 Over 150 people have complained to Ofcom about the BBC’s Red Nose...
- 09:11 South Yorkshire volunteers need for Guide Dogs charity
- 09:10 Street food popping back to Leeds Merrion Centre