Kidnapped Red Cross worker freed in Yemen and taken to Oman - agency
A Red Cross worker kidnapped 10 months ago in Yemen was freed on Monday and taken to neighbouring Oman, Omani state news agency ONA and the ICRC said.
French-Tunisian, Nourane Houas, a staff member of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) office in Sanaa, had been kidnapped along with a Yemeni man by unidentified gunmen who intercepted their vehicle in the Yemeni capital Sanaa.
The man was released hours later but Houas held in an unknown location.
ONA quoted an Omani foreign ministry official as saying France had asked Oman to try to locate her.
"The concerned... read more
- 07:32 Silva, Salah, Kane: The 40 best Premier League players this season...
- 07:32 Pig farmer serial killer who ground 49 prostitutes into mince says...
- 07:31 Breaking news from across Nottinghamshire on Wednesday, January 24
- 07:31 Dave Watson: Nursery education isn’t child’s play – it needs...
- 07:30 Tributes to Sunderland ‘gentle giant’ who died aged just 25
- 07:29 Rafael Nadal sets return date after Australian Open injury diagnosis
- 07:26 Sunderland have nothing to fear in Championship relegation battle,...
- 07:23 Mother and two children rescued from Leeds house fire
- 07:22 What it’s like when health anxiety makes you spend every day...
- 07:20 Does your child have what it takes to appear on Child Genius TV show?
- 07:18 Roger Federer: Australian Open star tipped for more Grand Slam...
- 07:18 Delays on Metro system due to withdrawn train
- 07:17 Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd: Arsenal got lucky with Henrikh...
- 07:17 Liverpool legend John Aldridge SLAMS Reds' performance against Swansea
- 07:15 Diabetes type 2 - Lower your risk by taking these 8p a day vitamins
- 07:15 Dementia symptoms: Lower your risk of Alzheimer’s disease by eating...
- 07:14 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:12 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho’s former Chelsea scout reveals Alexis...
- 07:12 Chelsea news LIVE updates: Dzeko and Palmieri deals, Courtois...
- 07:12 Emre Can to Juventus: Liverpool star suggested to have gone behind...
- 07:12 I hope that common sense will prevail
- 07:11 This historic city centre building could be soon revamped into a hotel
- 07:11 Hull Live Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 07:11 Charity status for society means conservation of village windmill...
- 07:09 Live updates as fire and oil spill closes lanes on M1
- 07:08 Anglers fear permit price hike will hit habitat creation
- 07:07 Fallen tree causing heavy traffic on A38 near Derby
- 07:05 Lawyer who took off her hijab in protest goes missing in Iran
- 07:03 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:02 Best park