Key Venezuela-Brazil football match interrupted by power cut
A power cut interrupted the World Cup qualifying match between Venezuela and Brazil in the Venezuelan city of Merida on Tuesday night.
Brazil were leading 2-0 and when the floodlights suddenly went dark in the 74th minute of play.
The match had to be stopped for 22 minutes until some of the lighting went back on.
During the blackout, some Venezuelan fans chanted anti-government slogans and called for a recall referendum.
Officials have not said what the cause of the power cut at the Metropolitan Stadium in Merida was.
Earlier this year, power in much of Venezuela was rationed when a drought... read more
- 15:41 Ex-Walsall striker Troy Deeney opens up on turning away from crime
- 15:41 Two Black Country leisure centres to close over Christmas
- 15:39 The 13 burning questions Google is being asked about Nottingham
- 15:34 Derby people looking for love needed by TV show First Dates
- 15:33 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 15:28 Gourmet Burger Kitchen planning to open in Leicester
- 15:27 David Luiz: My reaction to Chelsea's vital victory over Manchester...
- 15:27 Diego Costa: What I thought of Chelsea beating Manchester City
- 15:27 Bournemouth v Liverpool – TV channel, time, date, odds and...
- 15:27 Man United star slams David Luiz after horror challenge: Chelsea...
- 15:27 Everton v Manchester United – TV channel, time, date, odds and...
- 15:27 Antonio Conte delighted with Chelsea character in win over...
- 15:26 Thai activist arrested for sharing king's profile on Facebook
- 15:20 Stalybridge Celtic v Boston United LIVE - Pilgrims take an early lead
- 15:20 Indonesian police plane with 15 on board goes missing
- 15:19 Manchester City lose their heads during loss to Chelsea as Sergio...
- 15:17 PewDiePie is going to delete his YouTube channel very soon
- 15:15 Skegness police have man in custody accused of burglary
- 15:14 Cristiano Ronaldo tax evasion allegations Q&A: The lowdown on...
- 15:14 Manchester City 1-3 Chelsea - PLAYER RATINGS: Diego Costa inspires...
- 15:14 Swadlincote school gets behind Feed Our Families campaing to help...
- 15:14 MAPPED: How close do YOU live to a nuclear bomb?
- 15:11 Premier League LIVE: Follow Tottenham, Sunderland and Leicester in...
- 15:11 Antonio Conte: What I really think about our win over Manchester City
- 15:10 Rail is on the up, but buses still struggle
- 15:10 Marketing campaign pulls in the visitors
- 15:10 Rail makes a comeback
- 15:10 Here's what the £10.3 million University Quarter revamp will look like
- 15:10 Stoke City: Jack Butland heads for MRI scan after pulling out of...
- 15:07 Doncaster safe haven for Saturday night revellers who have had too...