Kettering shop hit by tobacco distraction theft
A Kettering shop was robbed of about £400 by a man who distracted a staff member.
The theft happened at Paul’s Stop & Shop in Montagu Street at about 9am on Thursday (October 13).
The offender entered the store and asked for tobacco.
When the staff member turned his back, the thief then made off with the cash.
The offender is described as white, about 5ft 4in tall, large and wearing thick glasses.
A police spokesman said they are investigating the incident.
Witnesses, or anyone with information, should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 04:43 Larry Lamb: I'd love to meet estranged daughter and granddaughter
- 04:35 PAUL MERSON COLUMN: Chelsea are better than Man City, Wenger...
- 04:25 Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: This is who will play right-back...
- 04:11 Conor McGregor's coach discusses potential fight with Floyd Mayweather
- 03:54 Murder charge over immigration centre in Harmondsworth death
- 03:44 Airbnb, New York City settle rental law lawsuit
- 03:28 Malaysia says Myanmar violence against Muslim Rohingya 'ethnic...
- 03:25 Liverpool at Christmas - a fantastic festive weekend break
- 02:52 Danielle Lloyd shows off her VERY ample assets as she goes braless...
- 02:52 Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are 'living APART': Rapper 'holed up...
- 02:52 'He felt that I was threat': Martin Roberts hits back at frenemy...
- 02:52 'It was really hard being without the missus': Tearful Wayne Bridge...
- 02:52 Nicola McLean flaunts her ample cleavage in lilac lingerie before...
- 02:52 Just what they kneaded! Stars of GBBO's reveal there's no hard...
- 02:52 'It's like When Harry Met Sally!' Carol Vorderman makes Joe Swash...
- 01:56 Venezuela says to issue bigger notes 'very soon' as inflation surges
- 01:53 'Sir Bradley Wiggins still has questions to answer': Chris Froome...
- 01:43 Austria's upcoming presidential bid pits far-right populist and...
- 01:36 U.S. president-elect, in break with practice, speaks to Taiwan's...
- 01:30 Hollywood star Steve Martin responds to Newcastle fans' anger in...
- 01:23 Exclusive: U.S. networking company Ixia explores sale - sources
- 01:19 China expresses concern as Yemen's Houthis form government
- 01:14 Winning Express betting scheme investors fear money lost
- 01:14 London's child intensive care units told to delay surgery
- 01:13 Cambridge Rainbow vegetarian cafe refuses new £5 note
- 01:09 Uganda cracks down on 'dissenting' Rwenzururu kingdom
- 01:08 Students call for nap pods at Edinburgh University
- 01:06 Amputee player Tommy McKay nominated for SPFL goal of the month
- 01:02 Christmas dinner costs 'rise 14%'
- 01:00 Money transfer firm WorldRemit eyes new markets, growth